This job has Expired
Temporary Program Assistant (As Needed)
Temporary Program Assistant (As Needed)
DEPARTMENT: Varies (As Needed)
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
COMPENSATION: $ 25.66/Hour, 4-month Temporary Position
This position is 'As Needed' - where there is a need/opening in a department. We encourage you to apply in order to express your interest and in the event that there is a need for assistance in a program. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
I?isa?vik College is rooted in the ancestral homeland of the Iñupiat. As an institution, we are “Unapologetically Iñupiaq.” This means exercising the sovereign inherent freedom to educate our community through and supported by our Iñupiaq worldview, values, knowledge, and protocols. The Iñupiaq way of life is woven into our curriculum, programs, activities, and daily interactions within I?isa?vik College and our community partners.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provides administrative support to the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks as assigned.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality with records and information.
- Provides assistance in person, by phone, and email.
- Operate various software applications to create departmental level communications and reports.
- Coordinates general communication and maintains departmental records.
- Complies with College policies, procedures and administrative directives, as well as state, federal, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated PC skills, including Word and Excel.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and maintain strong organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated stable employment history.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment, including working with various cultural organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: post-secondary educational systems, North Slope Borough [NSB] institutions and organizations; Iñupiat culture, language, values, and traditions.
- Ability to interpret and represent North Slope community values, customs, and beliefs for the College.
- Ability to interpret and represent College actions and western institutions to the North Slope community.
- Ability to support I?isa?vik College’s mission.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of demonstrated professional clerical or office administrative work experience.
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- Valid Driver's license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and may drive a vehicle. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: The environmental conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and the employee is regularly required to work indoors with a usually moderate noise level in the work environment.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*