Full Job Description
The mission of Soroptimist House of Hope, Inc. (SHOH) is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for women to receive individualized treatment and support to learn the life skills necessary to recover from substance use disorders and become life-long productive members of society.
SHOH is a nonprofit organization founded in 1981 to provide residential substance use disorders recovery services to low-income, chemically dependent women in need of housing and support to achieve sobriety and self-sufficiency. SHOH operates a 6-bed Treatment Center facility in Desert Hot Springs, Calif. where clients participate in a 45 to 90 day evidence-based recovery program that includes housing, 12-step meetings, individual and group counseling, access to medical services, and life skills and planning workshops. In program year 2022-2023 (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023), SHOH anticipates serving 40 clients to help them achieve recovery and lead happy, healthy, and productive lives. SHOH is governed by an eight-member Board of Directors, employs seven full- and part-time employees, and utilizes four independent contractors.
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Director, the part-time Substance Abuse Counselor I is a member of the clinical team at SHOH. The Substance Abuse Counselor I provides drug and alcohol counseling to adult female clients in a residential setting at our Desert Hot Springs Treatment Center. Counselors interact with clients on a day-to-day basis providing individual and group counseling, as well as engaging in rehabilitation activities. The Substance Abuse Counselor I provides clients with orientation, training, and substance abuse recovery skills necessary to enhance their ability to recover from addiction. The Substance Use Disorder Counselor I may be assigned additional counseling duties.
Â· Provide clients with orientation to the treatment program and the concept of sobriety.
Â· Develop and implement treatment plans from the SUD Adult Screening Tool
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan for each assigned client and evaluate the progress of the individual clients according to the treatment plan.
- Provide counseling and recovery services, information and education, vocational training, and relapse prevention.
- Complete data entry and client documentation.
- Assist other staff in dealing with problematic client behavior.
- Document, review, and chart client progress and complete all required paperwork.
- Prepare treatment and discharge plans and discharge summaries.
- Designate new target goals for clients consistent with overall treatment goals.
- Assure clients are informed of inappropriate behavior.
- Initiate appropriate and timely interventions.
- Provide input to develop and improve program services and delivery.
- Comply with all Riverside University Health System and SHOH rules, policies, and procedures including HIPAA standards.
- Certification for substance abuse treatment through an accredited organization such as the California Consortium of Addiction and Programs and Professionals.
- Certification in Living in Balance recovery management protocol or the ability to complete training and secure certification prior to first day of employment.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience providing direct, indirect, or support services in a substance use disorders treatment setting.
- Valid California drivers license and clean DMV record (3+ years) to be insured and cleared for providing client transportation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Electronic Health Records (EHS) software.
- Ability to problem solve and react appropriately to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with the SHOH team.
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified with proof of current certification.
- Criminal background clearance required.
- Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober, and abstinent from any mind- or mood-altering substances to be considered for employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Addiction Medicine
- 4 hour shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- SUD Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*