This job has Expired
Dean of Student Services
- The purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership, vision, direction, planning, goal setting, implementation, and assessment for enrollment management and student development within student support services that fulfill the College’s mission and comply with College, state and federal policy and procedure.
- This position is responsible for the supervision, professional development, administration and implementation of student support services to promote student success through the full student experience from prospect through retention and completion.
- Student support services include marketing, recruitment, orientation, academic advising, counseling, admissions/registration/records, student activities, student government, testing, student conduct adjudication, career planning and placement, orientation, recruitment, services for students with disabilities, student retention and completion.
Prefer applicants with:
- A degree in counseling, psychology, social work, student personnel services or a closely-related field,
- Experience planning and executing projects and professional development programs,
- An understanding of the community college experience,
- Experience and/or knowledge of the various departments within a higher education Student Services division,
- Experience advising students at community colleges or four-year educational institutions,
- Experience teaching students at community colleges or four-year educational institutions,
- Experience using a student record and information management systems,
- Familiarity with services for and the needs of veterans,
- Familiarity with services for and needs of individuals with disabilities,
- Experience and/or knowledge of student development and student organizations,
- Experience and/or knowledge of the budgeting processes and
- Experience working with diverse populations and diverse settings.
- Bilingual – Fluent in English and Spanish (speaking, reading and writing)
Supplemental Job Information
- Represents HCC Ybor on college-wide Committees, including leading specific initiatives as assigned by the Campus President.
- Develops, implements, evaluate and provides reports for continuous strategic planning process of all functional areas of student services.
- Prepares and administers operational and capital budgets for all student services departments, to include: Academic Advising, Admissions, Records, and Registration, Career Resource Center, Counseling, Disability Services, Enrollment Development, Student Activities, Student Government, and the Testing Center.
- Enforces the HCC Code of Conduct, to include interviewing all parties involved, preparing reports and levying appropriate sanctions.
- Ensures compliance and administration of state and federal laws, College policies and procedures relating to student services functional areas at the campus and College level.
- Plans, execute, assess and reports marketing, orientation, student success, recruitment, retention activities, and initiatives for the campus.
- Selects, develops, supervises and evaluates all personnel of Student Services.
- Ensures safety security measures on campus in collaboration with the office of public safety to ensure safe and secure environment for students.
- Serves as student services liaison to develop and maintain communication and collaborative initiatives with various campus, college and community constituents.
- Determines resolution of student issues (such as formal and informal complaints, petition, Dream keepers, book funds, threat assessment, faculty/staff concerns,) which require situational and professional judgement.
- Develops, implements and assesses campus-wide annual enrollment management plan.
- Serves as HCC representative to various community organizations and/or boards.
Additional Documents Required
- This position requires at least an awarded Master’s degree from a regionally accredited educational institution.
- If selected for an interview, applicants must bring a copy of their diploma or transcript to the interview showing the awarded required degree.
- If the transcript does not reflect the awarding of the required degree, the applicant must bring written documentation from the educational institution showing when the degree was awarded.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*