This job has Expired
Facility Operations Administrator
Do you consider yourself a self-starter with a can-do attitude?
Do you enjoy working with people and coordinating activities to ensure team success?
Do you love to solve unusual and important problems, and value working in an environment that rewards creative thinking and focuses on results?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We are seeking a dedicated security professional to help us transform and maintain state-of-the-art conferening facilities. Among other things, the focus of the work is on ensuring all of our conferencing facilities are kept in fully operational status to meet the high demand signal for their use by internal as well as external customers from the DoD special program and Intelligence Community bases, while ensuring that Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) information systems, security procedures including APL-specific policies and procedures are upheld.
As a Facility Operations Administrator you will...
- Primarily proactively engage internal and external customers, establish requirements and coordinate a high level of communication with sector contacts in order to anticipate technology needs for conferencing resources including: technology systems, venue, schedule, file transfers, VIPs, briefing material, and hardware systems. Provide solutions to improve the scheduling and support of meetings, briefings and visits across all SECD highly classified conferencing resources. Prepare and maintain all required documentation associated with accreditation and authorization to operate technology systems.
- Provide dedicated support to an array of dedicated highly classified conferencing and technical facilities. Ensure that the customer base for such facilities are provided the necessary hardware, technology systems and other limited resources to include VTC areas and meeting rooms in order to carry out their sponsored tasking.
- Oversee the facilities on an ongoing basis including but not limited to verifying that 1) information systems, hardware, media, and documentation are functioning properly, present, untampered with, and properly marked, 2) end-of-day checklists, door sheets, and required logs are complete and up-to-date, 3) physical security mechanisms are in working order, 4) physical floor plans remain accurate, and 5) the general physical integrity of the facility.
- Operate, trouble-shoot and perform ongoing checks to verify the health and operation of facility systems to include VTC, Audio/Video equipment, Access Control System, Intrusion Detection System and the "built" facility (locks, doors, walls, lighting, cooling and power). Coordinate APL service providers to include Plant Engineering, Telecommunications, Fire Department, Health and Safety and other applicable providers. Serve as the primary point of contact for facility security after normal operating hours and on weekends.
- Develop and update written Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for the protection of all classified material and processes within assigned facilities.
- Assist in conducting security compliance reviews, including but not limited to in-house reviews and DCSA assessments for assigned facilities.
- Be responsible for managing tracking program and facility charge numbers needed to support the facility's logistic and operational environment.
- Ensure compliant operation and inspection readiness for highly classified facilities, technology systems, records and conferencing applications in accordance with the Intelligence Community Directives. Provide training to new occupants and submit periodic updates to APL's SOP/EAP. Coordinate the operational status of the facility during special events and inclement weather in order to serve SECDs customer base, meet core APL business hours and sector needs.
- Verify with CSSO/SSR staff that the proper co-use agreements are in place prior to introducing new technology, sponsor programs or meetings. Verify that file transfers, data storage, briefs, and presentation material is appropriate for the classification of the facility. Administer visitor access lists, coordinate transmittal of visit certifications, provide escorts, and ensure clearances and access.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in a security related area of study. Four-plus (4+) years of security-related experience may be substituted for a Bachelor 's degree.
- Possess working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Programs Operating Manual (NISPOM) and DoD policy such as 5205.07 SAP manuals.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the operation of facilities within a secured environment including the protection, storage and handling of electronic hardware, physical and electronic information.
- Communicate effectively with staff of all levels and with external customers to include liaising with military or government sponsors.
- Are willing and able to work in a closed environment extended hours are periodically required possess a valid state driver 's license minimal local and out-of-area travel may be required (1-2 weeks per year) frequently required to walk to other buildings on APL campus.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI+poly level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You 'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Can successfully implement technical solutions to enable classified work, briefings and discussions within the framework of DoD, the Intelligence Community and security principles associated with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and Intelligence Community Directives. Strong computer and desktop application skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Are proficient with information systems, records management, database applications, telecommunications equipment, audio/video system hardware, access control software, JPAS, SIMS and intrusion detection systems
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*