132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Human Resources Information Systems/Data Specialist
Human Resources Information Systems/Data Specialist
Salary : Depends on Qualifications
Location : Hickory, NC
Job Type : Full-time
Department : Human Resources
Job Number : FT_22_HRIS
Closing : 6/30/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
This position serves as the Human Resources Information (HRIS) expert, participating in data collection, providing data analysis, completing HR-related reporting, and responding to information requests from faculty, staff, students, and the public. This position will also perform a wide variety of complex and confidential work in support of the college’s human resources functions.
This is a full-time, 12-month staff position.
Position is open until filled.
Reports to : Chief Human Resources Officer.
Has no direct reports.
Examples of Duties
- Maintains HR systems applications and makes recommendations for system enhancements for all existing HR software.
- Manages projects for HR systems including planning, designing, testing, and implementing solutions to meet project objectives.
- Coordinates HRIS projects and serves as key liaison with IT, third parties, and other stakeholders on software implementation and enhancements.
- Maintains and audits HRIS data integrity by running queries and analyzing data.
- Responsible for the creation and dissemination of federal, state, and North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) mandated reports including IPEDS report and Staff Information Report, and Affordable Care Act 1095-C Reporting.
- Responsible for Electronic File Maintenance for Human Resources personnel files and related files using the college’s scanning software. Serves as HR SME on scanning software.
- Writes, maintains, and supports a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools; assists in the development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Develops and provides in-person training and supplemental resources to end-users for HR-related software functionality.
- Responsible for providing HR metrics to determine trends, performance levels, and areas for improvement.
- Maintains and manages the college's hierarchy structure; works with accounting to request and ensure budget codes are set-up.
- Serves as primary contact for data recovery and systems testing.
- Creates and maintains the organizational structure and budgeting information for positions in HRIS.
- Creates guidelines and trains HR staff on software applications.
- Maintains HR website and HR page on the College portal.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to HR business processes to champion change.
- Provides information and general assistance to college staff and the public regarding human resources policies, procedures, and processes; answers questions and provides information regarding employee records, and related matters; assists in resolving routine problems or complaints.
- Recommend improvements in workflow, procedures, and use of equipment and forms; schedule and review activities to ensure that work is completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Participate in the maintenance of regular or confidential files, charts, reports, records, and other data; gather and compile the required information as necessary; sort and file documents and records according to standard policies and procedures.
- Verify and review materials for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures.
- Support office functions by cross-training and staying abreast of updates and changes to maintain office effectiveness.
- Associate's degree in IT Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Information Systems, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience working in an HRIS Specialist, Data Specialist/Analyst, or similar technical role required.
- Experience with HRIS systems with a North Carolina State or local agency preferred.
- Broad knowledge of basic theories and principles of human resources and HR data systems
- Knowledge of state, federal, and local laws and regulations governing human resources
- Solid mathematics, critical thinking skills, and strong ability to focus on detail, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Software implementation experience
- Experience compiling data and running complex reports
- Advanced experience in Excel, intermediate experience in Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with an HRIS and a report writing software, preferably Colleague and Informer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- General Human Resource principles
- Preferences: Project management experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Organize and prioritize work with tight deadlines
- Multi-task, and problem solve
- Perform basic arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Communicate effectively to a diverse audience
- Apply analytical skills
- All advertised positions are contingent upon funding.
- All employees are paid by direct deposit.
Office environment; working closely with others; exposure to computer screens.
- Remaining in a stationary position (sitting or standing) for long periods of time.
- Close visual acuity to perform any activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading.
- Frequent with communication in person, via telephone, and email.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*