This job has Expired
Human Resources Specialist
Working TitleHuman Resources Specialist
Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience ($49,000 - $54,000)
Work ScheduleMonday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with possible overtime to meet established deadlines
Job LocationRaleigh, NC
DepartmentResearch Operations and Communications
About the Department
Essential Job Duties
Key responsibilities include:
- Timekeeping and Leave Administration using the University’s electronic timekeeping and leave system
- Oversee and manage the temporary and biweekly hiring process for all units in ORI
- Assist with ORI onboarding of EHRA/SHRA employees by creating offer letters, entering PeopleSoft and PeopleAdmin actions, as well as updating logs, charts and email contacts.
- Keep track of and enter FML actions
- Manage and oversee the performance management process for SHRA, EHRA, and Postdoc employees
- Assist with coordinating and organizing ORI HR special events as well as ad hoc trainings/information sessions for managers and employees throughout ORI
- Schedule interviews and handle the logistics for ORI high level or internal ORI recruitments including the coordination of travel and processing reimbursements
- Work with the HR Director to provide effective guidance and direction to managers/supervisors, as needed for various HR matters
- Work with other ORI team members to facilitate effective processes, maintain internal workflow and coordinate resource management, client management and project communications.
- Prepares ad hock reports for the AVC and ORI leadership
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Other Required Qualifications
- Working knowledge of human resources process and procedures (such as recruitment, classification, compensation, policy administration, staff development, organizational culture enhancement, and/or HR information systems).
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of University staff and administration.
- Experience working in a large complex organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, sound business judgment, tact and diplomacy and the ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the division and university.
- Ability to work independently and be able to multi-task.
- Ability to relate to people and develop/maintain productive and collaborative work relationships in order to facilitate effective services, as well as resolve problems
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulation (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, ADA) and prior experience in consulting with clients regarding recruitment, hiring and position classification.
- Demonstrate a “Can Do” customer service mentality and have the ability to dissect a problem and offer a viable and logical solution
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement, to include the use of contemporary applicable technology (hardware, software, equipment and processes).
- Proficient in Mircrsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Google applications, or similar software systems.
- Experience in a higher education and/or research-driven environment, especially with regards to human resources.
- Prefer knowledge of the following programs: PeopleSoft, PeopleAdmin7 System
- Knowledge of NCSU accounting rules and standards for state funding; able to communicate best practices to customers
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver's License requiredNo
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Job Open Date11/20/2023
Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)11/28/2023
Notice to Applicants
Position Classification Band TitleHuman Resources Specialist
Position Classification Band LevelJourney
Position Classification Salary Range$31,200 - $64,530
Salary Grade EquivalencyGN09
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.0
Appointment12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency Event
Time Limited PositionNo
Department Id060101 - Office of Research & Innovation (ORI)
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*