This job has Expired
Open Rank Tenure-Track Faculty Positions - Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Working TitleOpen Rank Tenure-Track Faculty Positions - Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with education and experience
Work ScheduleAcademic Assignment-hours will vary
Job LocationRaleigh, NC
DepartmentMechanical & Aerospace Engineering
About the Department
Essential Job Duties
(1) Mechatronics and robotics
(3) Renewable energy, energy storage, and sustainability
(4) Hypersonics, with a focus on a) guidance control and navigation including robust fault-tolerant control algorithms, physical reservoir computing, multiplatform coordination for guidance and navigation, trajectory planning, and any other relevant cutting-edge research topics, b) multidisciplinary optimization; c) computational hypersonics; d) gas surface interactions and novel/functional material integration in hypersonic platforms; e) hypersonic propulsion, and f) any other topics that have application in high-speed aerospace vehicles;
(5) Space systems including a) space situational awareness; b) space propulsion; c) mission planning; d) debris handling; e) multi-satellite coordination f) any other topics that have application in space systems
(6) aircraft/spacecraft structures with emphasis on materials and coatings for extreme environments, hot structures.
Candidates will be expected to fully contribute to the department’s mission through (i) the development of a strong, nationally recognized, externally funded research program, (ii) teaching mechanical and/or aerospace engineering-related courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level and (iii) participating actively in professional service.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record of scholarship, a creative vision for research, an active interest in engineering education, and strong communication skills. For applications at the rank of Associate or Full Professor, an emphasis will be placed on the strength and caliber of the candidate’s existing research program and the candidate’s ability and desire to provide mentorship and leadership to an enthusiastic and rapidly growing department. Candidates must have an earned Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a closely related field.
Candidates should log in to https://jobs.ncsu.edu and submit a cover letter, CV, research vision, teaching philosophy, transcripts, and three references. For full consideration, applications should be received by December 31st, 2023 although applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Inquiries may be sent via email to the Faculty Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other closely related fields.
Other Required Qualifications
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record of scholarship, a creative vision for research, an active interest in engineering education, and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to effective teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Required License(s) or Certification(s)
Valid NC Driver's License requiredYes
Commercial Driver's License requiredNo
Job Open Date11/16/2023
Anticipated Close DateOpen Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Cover letter
- Contact information for at least three (3) professional references
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement
Position TypeTenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.00
Appointment9 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherNon Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsNon Mandatory - Emergency Event
Department ID140901 - Mechanical & Aerospace Engr
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*