This job has Expired
Functional Title:Compliance Associate
Category Status:33-Exempt Regular
Applicant Search Category:Staff
University Authorized FTE:100
Unit:VPR-Sponsored Programs Accounting and Compliance
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
Specifically, this position is responsible for working on internal and external audits associated with awards for sponsored research activities. Analyzes large data sets of campus research transactions using data analytics testing and provide technical advice to the Compliance unit on complex transactions. Advises with providing guidance to the campus community on compliance issues related to sponsored activities. Advises with researching and interpreting complex Federal, State and Private rules and regulations. Advises and conducts ORA/SPAC outreach and training. Overall, the Associate is responsible for supporting the Financial Compliance unit and promoting adherence with university and sponsor regulations, policies and procedures relating to research activities.
Benefits SummaryTop Benefits and Perks:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University
At least three (3) years of related experience in research administration, higher educational organizations, or similar entities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Ability to evaluate and organize highly complex data promptly and accurately.
- Excellent analytical, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or Accounting
- 3 years of progressive experience with sponsored program administration in a complex and decentralized nonprofit, government contractor or higher educational organization.
- Working knowledge of sponsored research and grant procedures, policies and requirements including but not limited to 2CFR 200 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
Job RisksNot Applicable to This Position
Open Until FilledYes
Best Consideration Date11/07/2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*