This job has Expired
- Job ID:
- 10 Brookline Place West, Brookline, MA 02445
- Administration Support/Customer Service
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Full Remote: Occasional time on campus
The Patient Representative (PR) is the “first impression” a patient has of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI), and is critical to a patient’s experience and their entry into the DFCI system. The PR supports scheduling and assists with training of new or less experienced staff. PRs work as a team to problem-solve, provide call center and administrative support and collaborate with the goal of providing an excellent patient experience. The PR simultaneously works with various disciplines and servs as the primary triage point for connecting patients with the most appropriate group to meet their needs. As a liaison for incoming calls, PRs provide superior customer service to patients, caregivers, clinicians, and staff across multiple disciplines.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position will be 1 day per week onsite in Boston, MA and 4 days per week remote. The selected candidate may only work remotely from a New England state (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI). The hours for this position will be 9:30 AM - 6 PM, Monday-Friday.
- Serves as the first point of contact and liaison for patients or referring providers by triaging calls and resolving questions directly whenever possible.
- Possesses a level of independence requiring knowledge of multiple disease specific programs.
- Provides administrative support and coordination for all aspects of patient care for patients, primarily focused on supporting incoming telephone calls.
- Triages issues and answers general questions, with the goal of resolving requests in real time. If unable to answer all patient questions, triage to or take detailed message for disease center team.
- Recognizes emergencies and appropriately responds using standard operating procedures and critical thinking skills.
- Provides general institute, disease, or program-specific information to callers/patients within the scope of knowledge and authority
- Performs other administrative duties and tasks as requested by Manager/Supervisor
- Able to quickly comprehend and implement new concepts or modifications to processes.
- Collaborates with disease center team to ensure seamless coverage and task management in times of both full and partial staffing levels.
- Ensures quality clinical care and adherence to standard operating procedures and compliance requirements.
Yes, this position entails patient contact and communication. Methods of contact are primarily by phone, but may be in person, written letter or patient portal (Partners Patient Gateway). Age population served will depend upon clinical area assigned.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Administrative and/or customer service experience strongly preferred
- Experience in call center/phone service setting preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to function as an integral member of a team
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve on the spot
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to work productively in a remote environment
- PC proficiency; ability to learn new software quickly
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*