This job has Expired
Apply now »
Title: Student Helper
Division: Center for Gene Therapy
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Hiring up to $9.50 hourly
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Requisition ID: 16102
The Center for Cell and Gene Therapy hosts an intensive ten-week program, participants are paired with an experienced scientific mentor (graduate student or postdoctoral fellow) and are assigned a research project. Summer students attend an immunology course, run by CAGT graduate students and fellows, which is designed to teach the basics of immunology and to introduce them to translational immunotherapy research being conducted at the center. Students also meet to discuss historical and current papers relevant to their research. At the end of the program, each summer student presents their findings to peers, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty from the CAGT.
- Learns the basics of laboratory safety and etiquette as well as proper experimental design.
- Completes molecular biology studies including cloning through vector design and tissue culture work to complete functional assays.
- Techniques will include ELISA, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, and ELISPOT. Students will also participate in weekly lab meetings and journal clubs.
- Must be a High School or College Student (undergraduate or graduate).
- No experience required.
- Students 18 years and older are eligible for the position with preferred undergraduate experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply now »
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*