This job has Expired
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Apply now Job no: 500988
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions
The post-doctoral fellow will engage in a behavioral intervention clinical trial testing a person-centered nature-based intervention for nursing home residents living with dementia and persistent vocalizations. They will participate in project management, participant enrollment, data collection, data analysis, and fidelity monitoring. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in behavioral interventions, clinical trial management, publishing, and gain grant preparation skills. Opportunities also exist to participate in other interdisciplinary research projects for a well-rounded experience. This is a one year position (with a possibly for an additional year renewal).
We are seeking a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow whose primary research duties include in-person data collection and delivery of a non-pharmacological intervention within Philadelphia and surrounding area nursing homes to residents living with dementia. Must drive with their own transportation to nursing homes within an approximate 1-hour radius from University City to work with nursing home residents living with dementia and collect data from the nursing home staff and the person living with dementia. Travel time and mileage reimbursed. Other responsibilities include recruitment, study enrollment, consenting, and data management. A full list of responsibilities are listed below in the essential functions section. This is an exciting opportunity to work primarily on a National Institutes of Health National Institute of Nursing funded study to test a person-centered, nature-based sensory intervention for nursing home residents living with dementia and persistent vocalizations.
- Collect data from nursing home staff and research participants who are nursing home residents living with dementia
- Interact and communicate with nursing home administration and staff
- Recruitment and enrollment, including consenting procedures
- Data entry and management
- Complete required training (e.g., human subjects training, HIPAA training, project software) and attend relevant seminars
- Attend related research team meetings and assist with preparing minutes and agenda items
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of institutional review board documents, training handbooks, procedure books, data collection forms, other study related forms, and study equipment
- Assist with data analysis
- Assist with manuscript development and presentations
- Oversee budget management and prepare financial reports
- Provide oversight to research assistants as needed
- Other research related duties as assigned
- PhD or Doctorate in a Health related field
- 1 year of relevant experience working with older adults in a health care setting
- Reliable transportation to travel for data collection (mileage reimbursed)
- There is some flexibility for hours, however some day and some evening hours for in-person data collection is required.
- Seeking someone with a positive attitude and dependable.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of I. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: May 17 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 17 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*