Executive Secretary (LVL 5/6)
College At Lincoln Center Dean, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 4 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
This position is in the Dean’s Office of Fordham College at Lincoln Center, a part of Fordham University. The role provides essential clerical support for the Dean’s Office as a whole, with particular attention to the Academic Advising team and the Assistant Deans, working closely with administrative leadership, fellow staff and students.
- Supports and helps to manage the day-to-day operations and functions of the Dean’s Office, with particular focus on academic advising and student success support.
- Maintains confidential records relating to the academic progress of current students.
- Develops and updates documents and files necessary for advising.
- Monitors, reviews, and routes standard requests from students.
- Uses Banner, the Fordham Hub, and other platforms as appropriate, to run student reports and data.
- Monitors corporate email addresses as assigned, responding to routine inquiries and forwarding complex questions as needed.
- Works and communicates regularly with various University offices, including the Office of Academic Records/Registrar and Student Financial Services, as well as academic departments, on a variety of student matters
- Monitors and supervises work performed by work-study students as needed.
- Provides clerical and front desk service support, including handling initial telephone and email inquiries, greeting visitors, processing mail, scanning and copying, and sending out correspondence and student communications.
- This position, while providing primary support for Advising, is also expected to be in an alternate support capacity for other areas, like communications, events, purchasing and payments.
- Serves as support for other areas of the office when other clerical staff are absent or in times of pressing need.
- As directed, updates content for the college’s website.
- Assists with event implementation for Dean’s Office events, including but not limited to academic orientation, research events, and diploma ceremonies.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Two or more years of administrative experience or equivalent in higher education or educational setting.
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace (including Calendar and Drive), and Zoom; willingness and interest in training for other software.
- Superior customer service orientation; comfortable in interacting with students, faculty, and staff (and other stakeholders when appropriate) in a professional and efficient manner.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Mandatory Competency Testing.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with Banner and other education-related software.
Minimum Biweekly Salary for Level 6 Internal Applicants who meet criteria: $2,170.35
Maximum Biweekly Salary for Level 6 Internal Applicants who meet criteria: $2,170.35
Minimum Biweekly Salary for All Others: $1,991.32
Maximum Biweekly Salary for All Others: $1,991.32
Union Affiliation: Local 153
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/5121
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*