This job has Expired
Part Time Instructor - ESL
CNM faculty are vital to the College's vision of changing lives, building community.€ This vision is evidenced by a commitment to teaching and learning that supports our goals of student success, increased student retention, and improved graduation rates. Faculty are responsible for providing high quality instruction that meets the needs of diverse learners so that each student may meet course outcomes and achieve their educational goals. An instructor is responsible for providing high quality instruction so that each student may meet course outcomes. Collaborate with the Dean and colleagues to improve the student learning experience. Being hired into the regular part-time instructor pool is not a guarantee of employment. Classes are assigned on an as-needed basis. Hours will vary each class and by term. The number of openings for instructors is dependent upon student enrollment.
- Responsible for effectively preparing, teaching, grading, and assessing student learning in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
- Maintain student records and provide documentation for in-completes within established College timelines.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes.
- Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials,instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Convene classes as scheduled and respond to student inquiries.
- Assist students outside the classroom through posted office hours.
- Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings, graduation and convocation as required.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Education or related area from an accredited institution with a minimum of 12 credit hours in a combination of the following areas: linguistics, English, Teaching English as a Second Language and/or multicultural education.
- Transcript must include at least 6 credit hours in Teaching English as a Second Language at the secondary (9-12), adult education or post-secondary level.
- A master’s degree or higher in TESOL or related area from an accredited institution.
- Two or more years (full-time or equivalent) experience teaching ESL at the secondary, adult education or post-secondary level.
- Experience teaching online, hybrid, or web-enhanced courses.
- Teaching experience within the last five years.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*