Vernon Campus - Assistant Volleyball Coach/Resident Hall Assistant
Description of Duties: The Assistant Volleyball Coach/Residence Hall Assistant reports to the Head Volleyball Coach, the Director of Housing, and the Dean of Student Services/Athletic Director for appropriate functions.
Specific duties include:
1. To assist the Head Volleyball Coach in the development and organization of an intercollegiate volleyball program.
2. To assist the Head Volleyball Coach in maintaining the College volleyball court.
3. To assist the Head Volleyball Coach in gaining community and area support for the volleyball program.
4. To assist the Head Volleyball Coach in the promotion of responsible character development and mature behavior among the students who are accepted into the program.
5. To assist the Head Volleyball Coach and Director of Student Relations in recruiting activities.
6. To transport team members to and from events in large vans or busses. This will require a valid Class C Driver’s License with passenger endorsement.
7. To function as a team member of the Department of Athletics and in the Division of Student Services in the development and implementation of processes necessary to accomplish the goals and philosophy of the division and the College.
8. To assume special responsibilities on assignment by the Head Volleyball Coach, the Dean of Student Services, and/or the President.
1. To perform all functions necessary to the orderly function of the Student Residence Center which includes but is not limited to performing “check-in’s” and “check-out’s”, report conduct infractions to Dean of Student Services/Athletic Director, and make daily delivery of incoming mail to residents.
2. To ensure that resident students maintain an orderly environment and proper decorum. It is the supervisor’s responsibility to provide the example essential to an orderly environment.
3. To assist in activities and special event programming for campus and resident students.
4. To provide counsel as needed to resident students.
5. To safeguard the College’s investment by carefully monitoring the physical condition of the unit. This will include inspection of each room.
6. Available to resident students and informs the Director of Housing of non-availability. Is “on-call” for a regularly scheduled day/night period each week.
7. To assume special responsibility on assignment by the Director of Housing, Dean of Student Services/Athletic Director, and/or the President.
Travel Required: Yes
Experience and Training: 2-4 years of collegiate volleyball experience. Desire to coach with 1-2 years at any level.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Solid background in volleyball drills and skill development. Organization and the ability to work without supervision.
Preferred Qualifications: 2-4 years playing volleyball, some experience working with college age student-athletes.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree
Maximum Educational Qualifications: Master's Degree
Salary or Salary Range: This is a 10 month full time position with full time benefits. The salary is $26,990 based on 260 points/step 0 on the Administrative salary schedule. Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. This position is available August 1st, 2023.
This is a security-sensitive position and is subject to a criminal history record. Criminal history records will be used only for the purpose of evaluating applicants for employment in security-sensitive positions. (Texas Government Code 411.094 & Texas Education Code 51.215)
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*