Postdoctoral Fellow, RNA Medicines
Postdoctoral Fellow, RNA Medicines
Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is a pioneering research unit that partners with leading academic medical centers and disease foundations to translate novel breakthroughs into therapies that change patients' lives. CTI laboratories in Manhattan, Cambridge, San Francisco and La Jolla are assembling a cross-disciplinary team of Post-Doctoral Fellows to explore and identify RNA medicine approaches in the integrated space of cellular reprogramming, mRNA, epigenetics, gene editing, immunology/inflammation and oncology. This is a unique opportunity for driven, exceptional PhD-level scientists to leverage their expertise and develop their scientific acumen & drug discovery skills while collaborating with multidisciplinary research teams at Pfizer and academic subject-matter experts.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be a member of the Pfizer RNA Medicines group in CTI. They will work collaboratively with biology teams, portfolio project teams and other post-docs to further our understanding of RNA medicines, cellular reprogramming, gene insertion, cellular and gene targets and other areas of emerging science. While performing independent, cutting-edge research, Post-Doctoral Fellows will join forces with experienced drug hunters, colleagues focusing on target identification and validation, hit discovery, as well as pre-clinical animal studies and safety, with the goal of making clinically-relevant, groundbreaking discoveries and publishing in high-impact journals.
- Demonstrate deep scientific and technical expertise harnessed to advance our understanding in the fields of immunology, inflammation, oncology, rare disease, mRNA and/or gene editing, produce high-impact publications, present at conferences and ultimately contribute to the delivery of novel, life-changing therapies for patients.
- Independently design and test biological hypotheses, while also leveraging the breadth of expertise available from other Postdoctoral Fellows and subject matter
- experts across Pfizer and the external academic collaborative network.
- Execute targeted in vitro and in vivo experiments, while leveraging state of the art technologies and resources to address fundamental questions regarding cancer drug resistance mechanisms that can uncover novel therapeutic angles in this space.
- Generate, organize, analyze, interpret data, and identify areas where key knowledge is lacking. Proactively seek new scientific leads via genetics & AI-based resources, literature, conferences and key opinion leaders with the goal of refining scientific hypothesis and expediting experimental plans.
- Effectively communicate results at internal and external events and proactively contribute to the continued scientific growth at Pfizer.
- Contribute to a culture that embraces scientific excellence, effectiveness, and team-work.
- Recent Ph.D. in molecular and cell biology, rare disease, cancer biology, immuno-oncology, immunology, or a related field, with a strong track record of scientific publications.
- Significant expertise with an array of molecular and cell biological techniques, including genome editing and insertion methods, QPCR/Nanostring, mRNA IVT, transfection protocols, primary cell tissue culture and assays (human PBMCs, etc), multi-color flow cytometry, bioinformatics analysis and/ or in vivo models for oncology and other therapeutic areas.
- Must have excellent organizational and planning skills, and the motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to quickly master new concepts and techniques.
- Direct experience with mRNA delivery, gene editing, gene insertion, transcriptional regulation of cell programs, innate immunity and /or cancer biology
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Must have Work Authorization in the United States.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $56,900.00 to $94,800.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 7.5% of the base salary. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*