This job has Expired
Cost Accounting, Assistant Program Manager
A Message from the University
Job TitleCost Accounting, Assistant Program Manager
We recognize there are a lot of great organizations in the world where you can share your talents.
What makes Notre Dame special?
The people that work here often cite the great work culture, our distinctive mission, the opportunity to build a career, and our endless list of best-in-class benefits. You’ll work for a department that encourages independent work, giving you the empowerment to make decisions that are driven by the mission of the University.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a dynamic team that aims to get better each day. You’ll be encouraged to try new things, think about creative solutions, ask really good questions, and make mistakes and learn from them. The Cost Accounting Assistant Program Manager will assist in the coordination of University-wide costing requirements related to research. Areas of involvement include annual Service Center cost studies, Facilities and Administrative (F&A) cost rate studies and proposals, preparation of annual Fringe Benefit rates proposal and financial oversight of Fringe Benefit and F&A cost recoveries.
If what you’ve read so far sounds like a position you would thrive in and if the prospect of doing what you love for a University with a distinctive mission sounds like a place you want to call home – simply hit apply and tell us more!
- Analyze and calculate recharge rates for University Service Centers to ensure they are compliant with federal regulations. Provide financial oversight of transactional activity for Service Centers to include Procurement requisitions and journal voucher preparation and approvals. Perform reconciliations between Banner Finance and subsidiary Service Center management system (iLabs), to include AR reconciliation and depreciation review.
- Assist in the preparation of the University’s Facilities and Administration proposal process. This includes monitoring space data and federal equipment and coordinating with Academic Space Management and Facilities Operations outcomes of research space studies.
- Assist in the preparation of the University’s annual Fringe Benefit Rates proposal process. Pull Business Objects reports to gather data necessary to analyze fringe expense activity and prepare appropriate clearing entries throughout the year.
- Assist in the semi-annual effort reporting process. Pull data to be included within reports and assess to confirm data is accurate. Track responses received from PIs to ensure the University is fully compliant. Follow-up on any questions from Pis.
- Assist in the analysis and distribution of F&A cost recoveries.
- Update costing policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirement regarding Cost Accounting standards. Assist in the updates to the federally required Disclosure Statement (DS-2).
- Perform ad hoc projects, audits, and surveys as requested by Manager and Assistant Controller.
DepartmentResearch and Sponsored Progs Acct (47025)
Family / Sub-FamilyFin Mgmt / Gnrl Accounting
Career Stream/LevelEIC 2 Professional
Department Hiring Pay Range$41,523 - $56,000, Commensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)11/18/2022
Job Posting Date (Public)11/18/2022
Job Closing Date12/04/2022
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/28899
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*