This job has Expired
Assistant Professor of Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management - School of Business and Economics
Assistant Professor. This is a nine-month academic year, tenure track faculty position in the School of Business & Economics (SBE).
- Teach in the areas of Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, as well as additional business courses in the SBE as needed. Specific course appointments will be based on school’s needs and the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Advise students and serve on school and university committees.
- The faculty member will be provided reassignment time to assist in research projects managed by the UW-Superior Transportation & Logistics Research Center. The faculty member should be engaged in rigorous research that is practically relevant to transportation & logistics, or supply chain management.
- This position requires an on-campus presence.
- A PhD or DBA degree in Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a closely related field from an AACSB-accredited program. An ABD in the areas of interests cited above will be considered with an earned doctorate required by August 28, 2023.
- Experience teaching courses in a business discipline at the university level
- Evidence of the development of quality scholarship leading to regular publications and scholarly activities in relevant professional societies and public outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity.
- A proven track record of teaching excellence or innovative curriculum development
- Experience or interest in engaging students in undergraduate research
- Experience or interest in effectively building partnerships with industry
- Proficiency in MS EXCEL, simulation, or data analytics software/tools
- Experience or interest in integration of technology into instruction
- Experience or interest in teaching in a blended/online environment
- A proven track record of scholarly accomplishments or a well-developed research agenda
- Commitment to balance excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service
- Strong written, organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and demonstrated effective teamwork skills
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. Willingness and interest in utilizing technology in the classroom strongly preferred. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that incorporate issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.
August 28, 2023 or earlier.
UW-Superior offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for eligible dependents.
$90,000 - $110,000 annually
For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact Kathryn Pettingill at 715-394-8207 or by email at email@example.com
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*