132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Associate Dean of Athletics
DEPARTMENT:Â Student Services - Athletics
REPORTS TO:Â Vice President of Student Services (VPSS)
SUPERVISES:Â Head Menâ€™s Basketball Coach, Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach, Head Rodeo Coach,
Head Soccer Coach (Menâ€™s and Womenâ€™s Team), Head Softball Coach, Head Baseball Coach as well as
all work-study students and part-time staff as necessary.
FLSA:Â Exempt X Non-Exempt
TRAVEL:Â Travel is required
SALARY:Â $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 (Salary is commensurate with education and experience)Â Excellent benefit package including retirement and health insurance is available.
SICK LEAVE:Â 10 hours per monthÂ
ANNUAL LEAVE:Â 15 hours per month
ABOUT COLORADO NORTHWESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE:
Colorado Northwestern Community College (CNCC) fosters educational excellence and studentÂ success, prepares students for local and global citizenship, anticipates and responds to the needs ofÂ surrounding communities, and contributes to evolving regional economic development. CNCC is aÂ small, rural community college located in Northwest Colorado with campuses located in Rangely, COÂ and Craig, CO. CNCC offers an exceptional experience to employees with outdoor activities, wildlife,Â and small rural communities.
The College has various unique programs including Aviation Technology (Flight), AviationÂ Maintenance Technology, National Park Service Academy and the Paleontology Plan of Study. We alsoÂ offer great opportunities for our students in Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Emergency Medical Services andÂ Automotive Technology. The college provides AA, AS, AAS, and certificate programs so students have
excellent choices in their degree plans.
The Associate Dean of Athleticsâ€™ role is to provide supervision, mentorship, guidance and managementÂ to the coaching staff and all student-athletes. This position directly supports the Collegeâ€™s mission andÂ vision by focusing on student-athlete success, retention and completion initiatives. The Associate DeanÂ of Athletics at CNCC provides ongoing training, evaluation and supervision for their professionalÂ coaching staff. This position will demonstrate ongoing integrity in financial functions and responsibleÂ stewardship and is also expected to will collaborate by working with other departments and localÂ communities to deliver the best opportunities for an atmosphere of development to all students.
Â Â Â â€¢ Provide supervision and management of the department, and head coaches
- Develop a vision for the department that ensures the care, safety, well-being, integrity and competitiveÂ success for all student-athletes representing CNCC
- Provide regular and real-time updates to the VPSS on important matters concerning the athletics programs and the well-being of student athletes
- Actively work to align the mission, vision and goals of intercollegiate athletics with those of the college
- Approve the hiring of exceptional coaches, administrative staff, support staff and other personnel associated with the department and participates in the evaluation of all coaches
- Oversee and approves all sports schedules
- Plan and supervise College hosted post-conference playoff events; coordinate and supervise all home athletic events
- Coordinate selection and presentation of individual and team awards; conduct banquets
- Monitor transportation for all team travel
- Prepare and coordinate facilities used for athletic contests, practices and meetings
- Prepare and manage athletic budgets
- Provide orientation and training to coaches and student athletes
- Ensure proper conduct of coaches and athletes at events, on campus and in the community
- Manage the uploading of all game statistics and streams to the Presto Sports, SWAC website, Scenic West Network and Blue Frame
- Responsible for coding athletics in Banner software
Rules and Regulations
Ensure that all Department of Athletics and college related activities operate in full compliance withÂ college, conference and NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Represent the college at relevant National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), Scenic West Athletic Conference (SWAC), and The National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association (NIRA)meetings and events
- Attend, and participate in, scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department's efforts to monitor compliance with NJCAA regulations
- Report potential rules violations immediately
- prepares all documents related to the collegeâ€™s participation in sports programs at the national, state and local levels in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor all their areas and/or programs activities closely to maintain compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Organize and administer programs of intercollegiate athletic competition for students by ensuring program compliance with all applicable regulations and laws
- Implement and disseminate pertinent information on Conference and NJCAA on Athletics rules and regulations, including compliance with Title V, and Title IX regulations
- Oversee the procedures and documentation for ensuring academic eligibility for all athletes in accordance with rules; supervises and sanctions the medical and insurance clearance for each student athlete
Â Â â€¢ Represent CNCC and the athletics department in developing relationships with alumni, donors,Â community members, parents, and others in order to generate additional resources throughÂ philanthropic support, tickets sales and other revenue generating opportunities
- Serve as a strategist and collaborator in athletics and college fundraising efforts
- Coordinate all publicity and fund-raising activities in collaboration with the foundationâ€™s office.
- Collaborate with athletic coaches and staff to identify priority athletics fundraising needs
- Lead and coordinate all fundraising activities for the athletic department, especially major gifts, annual gifts, and sponsorships
Media and Marketing
â€¢ Serve as the primary media contact for all sports, and handles media relations duties (requests interview schedules, etc.)
- Serve as manager or reviewer of all related content posted on every official athletic department medium (athletic website, social media, etc.)
- This individual will assist with the development of radio, streaming, website, social media business opportunities and strategies
- Collaborate with marketing staff, broadcast staff, video staff, ticketing staff, execute marketing and promotions plans for specified sports, programs, and initiatives for Colorado Northwestern Athletics
- Create innovative marketing plans to increase on campus engagement with students, faculty, staff, youth groups, local communities and alumni and create campus and community partnerships
- Create and implement strategic marketing plans for each sport
â€¢ Oversee programs and processes to ensure the accuracy of reporting data including, Athletic Student success Plan, weekly game eligibility reports, Equity in Athletics Report and other gradeÂ information
- Use institutional data and audits to form internal reports, Academic Progress Rate, Graduation Success Rate, Non-Academic review report and progress toward degree reports as required
- Inform and advise student-athletes and staff on College, SWAC, and NJCAA rules on academic integrity and educational opportunities
- Oversee the Athletic Student Success Plan by serving as the implementation coordinator to ensure student growth and success in and out of the classroom
- Oversee coachesâ€™ participation in completing 15 hours per week in Campus Life and Student Services Department
- Ensure that coachâ€™s complete campus wide student activities and three field trips per semester
- Maintain records and files related to athletics as it pertains to co-curricular assessments
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Must have prior budget management experience
2. Possess diplomacy, tact, and the ability to use good discretion with confidential student information
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with students/parents/familiesÂ and collaborate effectively with campus partners
4. Demonstrated maturity in leadership and decision-making
5.Â Dispute resolution skills and experience in conflict-resolution
This job requires any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and/or experience as indicated
1. Education and Training: Masterâ€™s degree from an accredited College or University in a relevant field,Â knowledge of best practices in Athletic Management, familiarity with NJCAA and SWAC standards andÂ regulations
2. Prior Related Experience: 3-5 yearsâ€™ experience in field
3. Other Qualifications:Â Ability to collaborate with education partners, strong organizational skills, ability to advise and mentor student-athletes and coaching staff, strong written and verbal communication skills, familiarity with Banner and Microsoft Office is preferred.
All interested and qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and three letters of
recommendation, along with a completed Colorado Northwestern Community College application for exempt
employment the Department of Human Resources.
Colorado Northwestern Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Colorado Northwestern Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to all
students, employees and other designated groups.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*