This job has Expired
P/T Program Specialist (WCC)/Adult Learners, Enrollment Management
About Westchester Community College:
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county's largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
Under the supervision of the Director of Enrollment Services, the incumbent is assigned to coordinate and facilitate outreach to new and current students who are adult learners (25 years and older) to support these students' educational access and timely degree completion. The P/T Program Specialist will function as part of a collaborative interdivisional team within the College and will work closely with academic and student support offices, as well as with noncredit programs and offices. In addition, the P/T Program Specialist will serve as the dedicated professional responsible for supporting adult learners through program transitions, WCC admissions applications, and accessing student supports.
- Provides direct service to adult learners, including helping these students identify, apply to, and get on a path that works for them using the Guided Pathways framework, helping students move along to next-level transitions, and connecting students with holistic student supports.
- Monitors and records students' progress during the different stages of their educational journey, including the completion of short-term workforce training, application to credit programs, and completion.
- Facilitates orientation for adult students to learn how to navigate college resources and supports.
- Conducts community outreach, including to community-based organizations and career centers, to promote credit and noncredit program pathways and transitions, and student success.
- Conducts information sessions that inform the public and prospective students regarding credit and noncredit educational opportunities at the college.
- Maintains contact with grant partners and students to ensure programs goals and objectives are being met. Grant partners include administration, faculty, community, and employer partners.
- Tracks success metrics and assist with coordinating data collection on adult learners assisted through SUNY REACH, Workforce Development Training, and other related grants.
- Maintains internal monthly reports on progress on pathways transitions creation and implementation.
- Compiles monthly reports that document progress towards meeting grant(s) objectives and outcomes.
- Contributes knowledge about adult learner strategies and effective approaches to support enrollment management of adult students.
- All other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:† A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous experience working with adult students and grant management experience strongly preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS:† The hourly rate of pay is $34.60/hour. No benefits. This position is grant funded and continuation of employment is subject to the availability of funds.
WORK SCHEDULE:† Monday to Wednesday, 9 AM to 5 PM, with 1-hour unpaid lunch break. This part-time position is for 48 hours per year for 2 academic years. The incumbent will be expected to be available throughout the academic year that runs from September 1st to August 31st, with the exception of the last 2 weeks of December, Spring Break and one other week as agreed upon.
Applicants†must apply online by submitting a letter expressing interest in this position and a resume.† You must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire.†Please login to:† https://sunywcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp in order to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.† The review of candidates will begin†immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.†
The College will provide equal opportunity in all of its employment practices to all persons without unlawful discrimination on the basis of political affiliation, age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, or use or non-use of lawful products off College premises during nonworking hours, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*