College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology
Work Schedule: This is a full-time, exempt position; Monday – Friday, hours to be determined. This position is eligible for benefits. This is a temporary appointment ending on or before September 30, 2024, with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon the availability of funds.
Cal State LA’s NSF-funded Eco-STEM project seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher in Engineering Education to support Eco-STEM’s research-based work to transform STEM education using an asset-based ecosystem model. Specifically, the Eco-STEM project focuses on shifting the metaphor in STEM education by using the ecosystem as a philosophical guide to promoting an organic and healthy environment that nurtures students, faculty, and staff to become individuals fulfilled professionally and personally. Our website is here: ecostem.calstatela.edu. Postdoctoral researcher responsibilities will include:
- Work with the research team and Cal State LA’s Center for Effective Teaching and Learning (CETL) on the development and implementation of the Action Research Teaching (ART) Fellows Faculty Learning Community, and the Department Chairs and Coordinators Learning Community, which focus on changing the mental models and promotes the transformations aimed by the project.
- Work on the institutionalization of equitable and student-focused faculty development practices and procedures at Cal State LA.
- Collaborate closely with the project team to design survey instruments, administer surveys, and clean and analyze data, utilizing a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Oversee communication and collaboration with survey administration sites so that data collection, analysis, IRB, etc. are set in place and research efforts are conducted both ethically and efficiently.
- Collaborate with project team members to disseminate findings through peer-reviewed presentations, journal articles, and conference proceedings, as well as academic and practitioner conferences.
- An earned doctorate in Engineering Education, Education, Social Sciences, Engineering or Computer Science or related field, from an accredited institution (or equivalent), is required; however, applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered. For an appointment, the doctorate must be completed by the date of the appointment.
- Evidence of research experience in engineering or STEM education at the post-secondary level.
- Evidence of relevant scholarly publications in Engineering Education or related fields.
We are looking for a positive, adventurous, and open-minded candidate to work on this transformative, high-impact project.
The incumbent must demonstrate an interest or ability in working in a multicultural/multiethnic environment. A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the UAS. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current UAS employees who apply for the position.
Review of applications/resumes will begin on September 30, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled; however, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications/resumes are received. A cover letter and resume are required.
UAS hires only those individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Americans with Disabilities (ADA) requested accommodations should be made in advance to the UAS Human Resources Department.
Cal State LA University Auxiliary Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note: Cal State LA University Auxiliary Services, Inc. (UAS) follows the direction of the CSU Policy related to COVID-19 vaccination. See Vaccines FAQ for more information
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*