Senior Research Administrator
Senior Research Administrator
Job ID: 30856
Location: 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
Category: Research Administration
Employment Type: Full time
Work Location: PTL Remote: 2-3 days remote/wk
The Department of Radiation Oncology is seeking a highly experienced Senior Research Administrator (RA) to provide sponsored research management for our research laboratories. We are seeking candidates who share our commitment to support our Investigators and staff through all aspects of sponsored research. This position shares responsibility for all pre- and post-award sponsored research activities for a defined portfolio of Investigators within the Department. Pre-award activities include working directly with Investigators, staff, and fellows to identify potential sponsored research opportunities, planning meetings with the investigator(s), reviewing application instructions and eligibility guidelines, developing administrative materials, as well as reviewing all aspects of the application for format and compliance with sponsor and institute directives, assisting Investigators with progress report submissions and closeout of grants. Post-award activities include day-to-day financial management of awards, Time & Effort Reporting, quarterly financial reports & projections. Other responsibilities include liaising with the investigator and central Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) departments, including Grants and Contracts and other offices within Research Administration, Research Finance, and the Division of Philanthropy, to coordinate Institute approvals and compliance documentation as well as ensure Department applications and post-award practices fulfill all appropriate guidelines.
The successful candidate will thrive in a team environment while also being a strong independent worker. This position will ensure compliance with sponsor and Institute guidelines. The ideal candidate will be able to foster professional and supportive working relationships within the Business Office, Investigators and colleagues throughout the Institute. In addition to the grant management responsibilities described, the position will also be expected to participate in special projects within the department as they arise.
Sponsored Research (Pre-Award and -financial Post-Award):
- Works proactively with Investigators and/or professional staff to identify funding opportunities and prepare applications for grants in compliance with sponsor guidelines and Department and Institute standards for excellence and timeliness.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of research proposals (excluding scientific content) ensuring accuracy, presentation, and compliance. This includes all administrative pages, narratives for non-scientific areas of the grant where applicable (e.g. data sharing plan, resource sharing plan, etc.).
- Responsible for oversight of grant submission process, including monitoring the application review process and submitting supplemental information. Works with Investigators to complete any JIT or program requests.
- Assists with all progress reports and ensures compliance and responsiveness with sponsor guidelines and requests.
- Coordinates with Grants & Contracts and financial teams to ensure awards are set up properly in a timely manner.
- Reviews Notice of Award for any budgetary or other restrictions/requirements. Works with Investigators and financial teams to assure understanding of reporting and other requirements.
- Reviews budget adjustments, restrictions, required responses with Investigators and ensures a timely response to the sponsor.
- Partners with department leadership and Investigators to set strategy and provide guidance and expertise.
- May advise the work of others providing subject matter expertise, guidance, and mentorship to colleagues with less experience.
- Day-to-day financial management of funds, including, order approval, salary allocations, and requisitioning while adhering to sponsor and institute policy & procedures
- Quarterly financial reporting to Investigators including both individual grant financials as well as projections
- Responsible for Quarterly Time & Effort Reporting
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
- Sponsored Research (Pre-Award and Post-Award) experience is strongly preferred. This includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding sponsor guidelines and helping investigators adhere to them when applying for grants.
- Ensuring that all parts of the grant (excluding scientific content) are correct prior to submission.
- Ensuring financial compliance on grants spending in relation to both Sponsor and Institute.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Adept with budgeting principles, including projections and the integration of multiple complex awards and types with varying project periods. Grant accounting experience required, including expense tracking, budgeting and financial projections.
- Adept at prioritization and managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated expertise assessing complex situations and developing solutions.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated expertise with listening, inquiry, follow-up, and problem-solving skills.
- Adept at cultivating relationships with Investigators, research staff, department’s RA team, RAs in other departments, and central departments.
- Promotes inclusive community where human differences are valued and celebrated and where all are welcome. Creates an inclusive work environment that engages and retains talent.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*