This job has Expired
Dodge City, KS, US
Requisition ID: 1033
Salary Range: $17.5000 To 18.0000 Hourly
Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities and Operations, General Maintenance/Custodian personnel will work the hours of 8:00AM-5:00PM and perform a variety of general labor services, some custodial services, general maintenance and repair of campus buildings and facilities.
Dodge City Community College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, ancestry or national origin.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ To provide challenging and diverse opportunities for the pursuit of learning and to enhance personal and community development in a responsible, accessible and learner-centered environment.
- Assist with a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, and painting tasks; repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets; performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action; moves and assists in moving of furniture and equipment; exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person; and maintains clean, safe, and orderly work areas.
- Performs basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, and shelves.
- Maintains grounds in a clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replaces plants as needed; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; trims tree branches that create hazardous situations.
- Assists craftsmen as needed for jobs being performed.
- Uses hand tools of various trades in performing the tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with new construction projects and insure the work area is kept in a safe and orderly condition.
- When necessary, assist with snow removal.
- Present a professional, positive and helpful attitude at all times when interacting with customers and co-workers.
- Observe additional maintenance needs requiring attention and report those to the appropriate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned which are related to the scope of the job.
- Responsible for conformance with the policies as established by the College’s Board of Trustees and the procedures that apply to the position.
- Serve the College and the customers of the College in a professional and congenial manner.
- The above job description supersedes all previous descriptions. This description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the Essential Functions and Responsibilities. The job description may not be inclusive of all duties and job responsibilities. Administration has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods at any time.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to converse and relay messages on campus two-way radios.
- Ability and desire to work in team-oriented environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license.
Prior experience in maintenance field.
Knowledge of maintenance and preventative maintenance used in the upkeep and repairs of buildings and physical structures.
- Physical Requirements: With or without assistance
- Ability to lift and carry 15-50 lbs loads for extended distances.
- Ability to work on feet (standing, walking, constant movement) for an extended period of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, climb, crawl and lift objects for an extended period.
- Ability to lift 45 lb objects overhead.
- Ability to handle and manipulate tools, objects, and equipment.
- Ability to read instructions.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate heavy equipment and machinery.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions for extended periods.
- Ability to communicate with other employees.
- Building Assignment
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*