This job has Expired
English Temporary Instructor (10-month)
About South Florida State College:
South Florida State College is an open-access, higher education institution dedicated to providing a learning-centered environment through quality programs, training, and services. Working in partnership with organizations and communities, the college provides leadership and a comprehensive range of opportunities for the educational, cultural, and economic development of the service district.
SFSC is proud to be tobacco-free.
Full-time (10-month) faculty position to teach English and related courses starting immediately. Located at SFSC's Highlands Campus (Avon Park). Possible teaching assignments may be in Highlands, Hardee, or DeSoto counties. Position is renewable beyond one academic year pending satisfactory review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides learning in the teaching discipline and related courses at various campuses and centers.
- Assists in curriculum development, creating learning activities and implementing assessment and planning.
- Works a basic work week of forty (40) hours which includes classroom instruction, office hours for student conferences, preparation/research and other professional activities.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, college-wide academic meetings, and official functions scheduled by the administration. Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Evaluates student learning outcomes and objective achievement, maintaining and reporting information as prescribed by college policies and procedures; supervises students and resolves classroom problems.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and current knowledge of developments and teaching strategies in the discipline/program areas taught. Participates in professional development activities including, but not limited to: workshops and conferences; membership in professional organizations; self-improvement course work and activities.
- Participates in and supports faculty and student activities. Maintains good relationships with community agencies and groups, participating when appropriate.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Educational: Master's degree in English from a regionally-accredited institution (or 18 graduate semester hours in English and a Master's degree) required; Doctorate preferred. Graduate-level coursework preferred in one or more of the following areas: Philosophy, Literature, Humanities, Art, or Music.
Please submit unofficial copies of your transcripts for review. You will be allowed to do this during the application process or you may login in at a later time and upload them as "additional documents".
Please note that the online application system supports files up to 2 MB in size. While scanning your documents, please use PDF as your output file. Files being scanned should be done so at a lower resolution (<200 dpi) and any images should be reduced to a lower resolution as to ensure that they will not to be rejected by the system.
Experiential: Post-secondary teaching and distance learning experience strongly preferred. Related field experience highly desirable.
Other: Reliable transportation for travel within the service district.
Instructional Supervisor: Chair, English/Humanities
Posting Date: August 15, 2022
Starting Annual Salary Range: Master's $47,436-$53,128; Master's + 30 $49,191-$55,094; Doctorate $52,435-$58,727
Application Review Begins: September 18, 2022
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*