Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
Reports To: Constituent Relations Manager
Job Type: Full-time
PURPOSE OF JOB: Under the Constituent Relations Manager’s guidance and support, works for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts. Position responsibilities include:
- Major Gifts ($1,000) for restricted, operating and endowment funds.
- Leadership Circle development, growth and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in the cultivation of donors for major, capital, and endowment gifts. Assumes and achieve fundraising revenue and prospect outreach goals as set forth in annual budget.
- Develops a portfolio of 150-250 prospects including initiating contact with new prospects and existing donors and, where appropriate, soliciting gifts directly or with peer solicitors.
- Assists with the donor recognition and stewardship programs for the Conservancy.
- Working with senior staff and volunteers, plans, coordinates, and implements ambassador events and activities for major donors and prospects, including site visits, tours, hikes, meetings, neighborhood updates, etc.
- Conducts prospect research pertaining to the background and interests of donors in order to increase their loyalty to our mission.
- Coordinates with Development staff to maintain accurate information in the Altru database and in hard copy files.
- Maintains AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) and PPP (Partnership for Philanthropic Planning) code of ethics and confidentiality of all donor records and information.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years of experience in nonprofit development/volunteer work.
- Experience cultivating and stewarding relationships with major donors and prospects
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the Conservancy staff in order to maximize fund raising capabilities
- Ability to rapidly develop positive working relationships with staff, board members, and volunteer solicitors and instill a sense of confidence
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Interpersonal and team building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience working with Altru database or similar fundraising software required.
- Experience and knowledge of moves management systems, prospect research, identification, and rating systems.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, as well as having individual initiative and creativity.
- Experience designing and overseeing private cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Possess the ability to handle more than one project at a time and the professional manner to react appropriately in different job situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with individuals of diverse interest and backgrounds.
- Social skills with the ability to interact with various individuals in all social situations.
The above statements describe the general qualifications required to perform the job and the general nature and level of work performed-not a complete list of duties-additional duties may be assigned by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
PHYSICAL, DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. There are no specific vision abilities required by this job.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate..
Date Posted: 08.14.2022
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*