Senior Accountant, HET Group
Job Profile Summary
This position supports the operations of the HET Group. Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for performing standard accounting functions such as general ledger maintenance, reconciliation, and posting. Analyzes financial and operating data and preparing and presenting management reports and financial statements as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Daily - 30%: Responsible for preparation and presentation of financial statements and analysis. Analyzes bank statements to facilitate accurate and timely reconciliation of cash. Responsible for researching, correcting, adjusting and reconciling items.
- Daily - 20%: Analyzes Balance Sheet and PNL accounts to identify errors and propose adjustments with minimal supervision utilizing strong technical accounting knowledge for contribution to accurate and timely financial statements.
- Other - 15%: Provides financial information by researching and analyzing accounting data.
- Other - 15%: Assists with timely completion and review of variety of accounting and financial reports. Prepares and maintains accounting journal entries.
- Other - 15%: Coordinates the preparation of regularly scheduled and special billings, invoicing and financial statements. Participates in audit support and/or provides information and access to accounting records as required.
- Other - 5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth functional knowledge and expertise in area of specialization and general knowledge of related areas in the College
- Ability to perform complex administrative analysis with only general supervision
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Ability to plan and manage own work flow, priorities and results accomplishment
- Requires the ability to present and disseminate data to various levels
- Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office Products and specialized computer systems
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a diverse employee and student population
Diversity and Inclusion
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes diverse perspectives
Respect for Others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the College. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals & groups that supports the mission and values of the College
Flexibility & Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in area of discipline (i.e. HR, Finance, Student Affairs, etc.)
Continuous Improvement & Learning
Actively develops one's own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job's functionality and in support of the goals and mission of department, division and the College
Senior Accountant, HET Group
Full time Regular
Information Technology Management
Cypress Creek Administrative Center
$52,900 - $62,158 - Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Monday - Friday/Weekends/Varies
Hours Per Week
Posting End Date
Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application form along with a resume and unofficial transcript are required.
Designated Essential Personnel
Professional Technical Staff (PTS)
Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to email@example.com or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward College
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7288, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*