Senior Director of Corporate Relations
Senior Director of Corporate Relations
Full Job Description
Lead the University of Nebraska Foundation effort to expand comprehensive corporate partnerships enabling the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives.
- Does the idea of building comprehensive corporate partnerships excite you?
- Do you have the drive and desire to strategically tackle the critical workforce needs in Nebraska and help us attract and retain talent?
- Are you a vibrant communicator, who loves to engage people, build strong partnerships, and promote the leading role the University of Nebraska plays in our state’s future?
- Do you have the experience and skills to motivate and influence colleagues, university leaders, trustees, alumni, and the philanthropic community?
- Can you implement entrepreneurial approaches to establish innovative ways of achieving goals and intended outcomes?
- Are you passionate about the mission of the University of Nebraska Foundation and the difference higher education can make in the lives of others?
If so, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
At the University of Nebraska Foundation, we grow relationships and resources that enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives. This position would provide you with the opportunity to develop strategic corporate partnerships to advance our organization’s mission. In this role, you will build trusted relationships with companies and corporations learning their values, priorities, capacity, and philanthropic interests to advance the University of Nebraska and its leading role in the health and vitality of the state.
As the Senior Director of Corporate Relations, you will develop a comprehensive partnership offering to enhance cultural, workforce, and student engagement opportunities. You will set annual goals for engagement with corporations; and identify business and philanthropic interests aligned with university priorities and projects. You will have the opportunity to partner with university leadership to find unique and collaborative ways to secure private resources for significant funding opportunities.
Who we want:
- Driven individuals who can exceed established goals and intended outcomes
- Relationally talented individuals who can make authentic connections and facilitate meaningful conversations with a wide variety of people.
- Thought leaders who have demonstrated a commitment to connect and inspire others
- Motivated individuals who are driven to continuously grow and develop.
- Connectors who are energized by being around others.
- Assertive and confident individuals who are not afraid to take risks.
- Problem Solvers who are innovative and visionary.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience developing strategic partnerships to advance an organization’s mission.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic, analytical, and strong solution driven skills.
- Possesses emotional intelligence and executive presence.
- Ability to achieve strong results in client development, sales, and/or fundraising.
- Ability to collaborate and provide influential leadership with a wide range of constituents.
- Discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Candidates will also be evaluated on our core values of passion for mission, integrity, and teamwork.
What we offer:
- Mission-driven work that changes lives and saves lives through education, research, and philanthropy.
- Flexible work environment with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule.
- 12 paid holidays and generous vacation time.
- University of Nebraska tuition reimbursement for you and your dependents.
- 12 weeks of paid medical leave, including maternity and paternity leave.
- An award-winning wellness program.
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused, and performance-oriented culture.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities for your career growth.
- Recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of America’s favorite charities.
The University of Nebraska Foundation grows relationships and resources that enable the University of Nebraska to change lives and save lives. The foundation is ranked among the top 25 public U.S. universities in endowed assets and transfers about $200 million a year to the university and its affiliates. More than 99% of foundation assets are restricted to a specific use.
The University of Nebraska Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*