Associate Director of Corporate Relations
Associate Director of Corporate Relations
Full Job Description
The Associate Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding from corporate entities through effective strategic Partnership planning with the Director of Corporate Relations and manage, train and mentor the Corporate Relations Leadership Representative to support corporate donor acquisition and new business Development identification, cultivation and solicitation in order to meet short and long-term goals of the department. The primary objective of the Associate Director of Corporate Relations is to expand, develop and strengthen corporate donor relationships through contacts and written communications, and to secure major gifts for sustainable growth.
POSITION: Associate Director of Corporate Relations
LOCATION/DEPT: North and Central Illinois Division
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Director of Corporate Relations
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified corporate prospects and corporate donors. Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships, and apply a moves management approach to the portfolio, with a custom cultivation strategy for each corporate donor.
- Strategically engage volunteers, organization leadership, current donors, and other development staff in peer corporate prospect identification, visits and closings.
- Develop and maintain the corporate United Nations Sustainable Development Goals focus for the local division to use in corporate solicitation assets, pitch, activation materials, and support matrix.
- Manage and develop a strategic corporate relations advisory council to advance local corporate ambassadors and serve as a pipeline to Chicago Advisory Board membership.
- Lead department in identifying local civic organizations to engage with for prospect networking, development of corporate relationships, and Corporate Relations Advisory Council members.
- Keep accurate records, updating, and tracking metrics related to the fundraising cycle, and partnership goals, and supporting optimizing best stewardship practices.
- Identify new corporate partners and develop relationships and partnerships with the Director of Corporate Relations.
- Support Director of Corporate Relations with prospect strategies utilizing Accelerist and other corporate prospect research tools.
- Identify, qualify and organize a timeline of all local corporate grants, grant cycles, guidelines, and reporting to support closing major corporate grants
- Effectively collaborate with multiple departments to seamlessly move corporate relationships forward in cause-marketing initiatives, partnership activations, employee engagement, workplace giving, and in-kind donation.
- Play a lead role in soliciting and closing major corporate gifts.
- Identify opportunities for comprehensive and strategic corporate partnerships including corporate volunteerism, employee giving campaigns and corporate giving.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reports and revenue forecasts. Maintain accurate information in the donor database on every corporate interaction or contact.
- Execute major corporate gift materials, including briefing memos, proposals, and stewardship materials.
- Cultivate and expand current giving by corporate donors and integrate leadership gift objectives into major corporate requests in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Relations.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of at least four recognition/cultivation events for major corporate donors each fiscal year with specific responsibility for filling the venue and meeting event revenue goals, and specific tactics and strategies for follow-up.
- Provide leadership initiative to manage other projects that enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Corporate Gifts Department in meeting its goals and objectives.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved, as well as on the timeliness and complete accomplishment of assigned goals including:
- Manage a balanced portfolio of corporate donors with target prospects being determined and evaluated on a regular basis.
- Establish and steward strong relationships with corporate donors, producing new and sustained corporate gifts.
- Standardizing best practices, utilizing resources, and relationships, and optimizing processes to advance corporate relationships for the Army’s benefit.
- Raise a minimum of $1M annually
- Effectively manage and mentor Corporate Leadership Giving Representative to achieve annual goal of $250,000
- 6 plus years of experience in major gift fundraising or relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel, as well as experience with donor tracking and/or database software is preferred.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of high net worth donors.
- Track record of building relationships and securing major gifts.
- Willing to promote the mission of The Salvation Army and to support the work of the Army through the identification, recognition and development of donors.
- Strong planning skills with a demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to discern and evaluate options in light of the departmental goals and the needs/desires of donors.
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills that develop meaningful relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Good judgment and maturity in meeting and communicating with major supporters.
- Strong team player who also works well independently.
- A growing knowledge of the Army’s history, mission, and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
- Advanced understanding of resource development systems and the professional knowledge necessary to achieve department objectives.
- A “hands-on” knowledge of how to effectively work with diversity in the workplace.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*