This job has Expired
Chief Human Resources Officer.
Chief Human Resources Officer
For best consideration, please apply by August 29th.
Dallas College, formerly known as the Dallas County Community College District, has served the community since 1965. While, for most of that time, it operated as a community college district comprised of seven separately-accredited colleges, in 2020 the District consolidated under a single name, Dallas College. Accreditation as a single institution allows Dallas College to better meet the needs of the students, employers, and community it serves. The seven original campuses live on as primary locations. Contemporaneous with that consolidation, the College’s Human Resources operations were consolidated and unified. Dallas College employs approximately 5,000 full and part-time employees across its faculty, administrator, and staff roles.
Dallas College is seeking a creative, results-driven, Human Resources professional and collaborator who can optimize the use of technology and regional services to help Dallas College provide a unified, comprehensive approach to meeting the needs of its community. Since 1965, the College has served more than 3 million students. Dallas College is one of the largest community college systems in the nation and the largest undergraduate institution in the State of Texas, offering Associate’s Degrees as well as a Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Education. Dallas College’s operations and programs are offered at the seven college campus locations and several other satellite locations in and around the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area, as well as through robust online offerings.
This is a tremendous time to join the College and help to shape the ways in which Dallas College will continue to serve the community for the next 50 years.
This is a remarkable opportunity for a goal-driven leader skilled in best HR practices to serve as the next Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). The successful candidate is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, learning and development, employee relations, HR systems and strategy, and employment policy development. Those roles are staffed by talented HR professionals who report to Senior Directors who manage and supervise the areas.
The next CHRO functions as a member of the senior management team responsible for instituting policies and procedures that provide effective internal management of the organization. Additionally, this position is responsible for accelerating organizational performance through strategic planning and organizational effectiveness. The CHRO will bear responsibility, accountability, and authority to meet the vision, mission and goals of the organization and Dallas College.
This position reports to the Vice Chancellor of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience as a highly aligned business leader in strategic planning and support services.
- Maintains an uncompromised commitment to integrity, credibility, demonstrated high moral values and ethical behavior and dedication.
- Proven track-record of detail-oriented management skills including fiscal compliance and outcomes.
- A strategic thinker providing visionary and dynamic leadership that will bring about effective change. Keeps up to date with emerging technologies and best practices.
- Ability to oversee the complete operation of a department in accordance with the direction established through strategic planning including the design and structure of the organization in a manner that facilitates and supports the operations.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills from analysis to recommendation and the development of implementation plans.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal and external constituents of diverse ethnicity and multi-cultural backgrounds, creating and supporting a diverse environment.
- Experience in leading committees that focus on initiatives affecting business procedures and issues, as well as experience in developing and implementing strategic proposals.
- Ability to make formal, persuasive presentations to groups and interact effectively with individuals from all segments of the community.
- Proven capacity to work inclusively with executive leadership, and collaboratively with other stakeholders.
- Excellent change agent, using a style of management that mentors/coaches’ staff to inspire their best performance.
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategy and implementing the strategy to achieve the objectives of the district.
- Able to align and integrate the department’s goals with the vision, mission, and goals of Dallas College.
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development, and the ability to build a robust and collaborative team.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience.
- Strong knowledge and experience providing excellent customer service.
- Experience working collaboratively with senior leadership and a Board of Trustees or governing body to address employment and workforce requirements and issues.
- Responsible for leading and supporting initiatives which contribute to the vibrancy, growth, and economic stability of Dallas County for future generations, with strategic emphases in areas of talent acquisition, development, support, and management.
- Responsible for transforming the human resources operation into a strategic talent-focused and systemic service-oriented function.
- Leads and supervises staff engaged in talent recruitment and training, total compensation, performance, recognition, retirement, and related compliance.
- Assess and organize network resources in a positive manner, whether through direct supervision or indirect influence.
- Develops and maintains a system of total compensation which attracts quality applicants, rewards outstanding work and results, and encourages longevity in return for productivity.
- Develops, updates, and maintains policies which meets Board expectations, supports student success through employees, promotes consistency and fairness, and encourages measurable accountability and productivity throughout the organization.
- Responsible for building a comprehensive strategy to align recruitment and development activities to satisfy network needs driven from the Board strategic initiatives, through strong internal alliances and strategic external partnerships.
- Promotes an organizational culture of inclusivity and appreciation for the diversity represented in the county, the student body, and the employee population to be served.
- Makes decisions which are data-informed, ethically, and strategically sound for both short and long-term initiatives.
- Participates in a wide array of collaborative and strategic discussions with the Chancellor, other Dallas College administrators, and campus presidents to further the progress of Dallas College and individual campuses in meeting desired goals and designing effective solutions.
- Models an effective communication strategy designed to promote confidence and transparency while strengthening communications skills in others; improves understanding and efficient problem-solving within the organization and among employees.
- Complete required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Must have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively communicate within a multi-cultural community network.
- Supervises four (4) or more employees and manages a direct budget of approximately $1M+ and an indirect budget of more than 200M+.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of upper-level administrative experience in a comparable position
- Official transcripts will be required
- Master’s degree or higher
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*