This job has Expired
USDA-ARS Postdoctoral Fellowship in Food Safety: Nebraska
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Nebraska
- Job Category
- Fellowships & Scholarships
- Last Date to Apply
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture - Agricultural Research Service (USDA ARS) mission involves problem-solving research in the widely diverse food and agricultural areas encompassing plant production and protection; animal production and protection; natural resources and sustainable agricultural systems; and nutrition; food safety; and quality. The programs are conducted in 46 of the 50 States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For ARS to maintain its standing as a premier scientific organization, major investments in computing, networking, and storage infrastructure are required. Training in data and information management are integral to the integrity, security, and accessibility of research findings, results, and outcomes within the ARS research enterprise. Nearly 2000 scientists and support staff conduct research within the ARS research enterprise. Ensuring the safety of the nationís food supply from foodborne pathogens is challenging. Despite the implementation of numerous process controls there has been no progress in decreasing the incidence rate of salmonellosis in the U.S. over the past decade. Moreover, Salmonella outbreaks attributed to poultry, beef and pork continue to occur. This challenge requires integrating multiple disciplines and developing innovative strategies including new detection tools, comprehensive on-farm through processing data and application of AI/machine learning and predictive analytics tools to analyze vast amounts of high quality data of many different types to develop decision support tools to reduce the risk of Salmonella in fresh meat.
- The qualified candidate should have received a doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields. Preferred skills: Experience working with systems approach with large, diverse datasets and data mining approaches Strong computational and analytical skills Experience in predictive analytics Strong database skills Strong oral and written communication skills Practical knowledge of agricultural sciences, biology, or a similar field is beneficial Eligibility Requirements Degree: Doctoral Degree.
- Contact Person
- Debra Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink .
Comments are closed.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*