Postdoctoral Research Associate
Job TitlePostdoctoral Research Associate
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationDallas, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
A part of the Texas A&M University Health Science Center, Texas A&M College of Dentistry in Dallas was founded in 1905 and is a nationally recognized center for oral health sciences education, research, specialized patient care and continuing dental education.
What we want
The College of Dentistry is looking for a detail oriented researcher to serve as a member of the research team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring a basic level of research experience to the position which will provide the opportunity for growth and learning. The applicant must understand the demands of supporting a principal investigator in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
- Appropriate PhD
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good oral and written communication skills
Passion for multidisciplinary research,
Record of high-quality peer-reviewed research papers,
Ability to work independently with general supervision, complete work to meet deadlines,
Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to work with research animals (rats and mice).
Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- PhD in biomedical engineering, biomaterials, molecular biology, polymer chemistry
- DDS-PhD, MD-PhD or other doctoral level degree from an accredited university.
- Experience in biomaterials/scaffolds fabrication (electrospinning) and characterizations.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, seq-RNA, IHC, and FACS.
- Experience in cell culture and animal experiments.
- Laboratory experience in laser microdissection, confocal microscope, and microelectron microscopes (SEM and TEM).
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities.?
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of RNA-sequencing and data analysis.
Knowledge of in vitro cell culture on synthetic matrix.
Knowledge of working in the field of dental pulp and mineralized tissues (tooth and bone), developmental biology, molecular biology and molecular cell signaling.
Knowledge of laser microdissection, confocal microscope, and microelectron microscopes (SEM and TEM).
- Materials/scaffolds synthesis and characterization – Advanced knowledge of matrix template fabrication and characterizations, advanced capabilities of using electrospinning, laser microdissection, SEM, and confocal microscopy.
- Synthesis and characterization of injectable 3D scaffolds for dental/craniofacial tissue regeneration.
- Cell culture and in vitro study - Advanced ability to Culture DPSCs on synthetic matrix and examine cell-material interactions.
- RNA-seq and Data analysis – Advanced ability to collect data and perform data analysis after RNA-seq
- Manuscript preparation – Publish results in scientific journals.
- Other Duties - Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate , specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*