Postdoctoral Associate- Molecular Toxicity
Title: Postdoctoral Associate- Molecular Toxicity
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Hiring up to $54,840
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 12200
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Bhagavatula Moorthy in the Neonatology Section of the Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine.
- Works on the mechanisms of lung injury in mice maternally exposed to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and
- Studies the role of the gut/lung microbiome in this phenomenon.
- Works on the mechanisms of lung carcinogenesis mediated by PAHs.
- Uses transgenic and knockout mice, cell lines, and human endotracheal aspirates and applies state of the art molecular and cell biology techniques such as cloning, molecular analyses of genetic variants, site-directed mutagenesis, next generation sequencing, RNA-Seq, ChIP-seq, 32P-postlabeling, histology, microscopy, imaging, plasmid isolation, real time RT-PCR, chromatin immunoprecipitation, transfections, Western blotting, etc.
- Prepares manuscripts, and helps in the preparation of progress reports, and grant applications.
- Presents at national and international conferences.
- Trains laboratory personnel, research technicians, clinical fellows, graduate students, etc.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. equivalent in areas of Molecular Toxicology, Molecular Pharmacology, Genetics, Cancer Biology, and/or Pulmonary Biology areas.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*