Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
July 30, 2022
Madison College is excited to announce the position of Campus Manager. The Campus Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of our Watertown campus that directly supports the College's ongoing academic, administrative and facilities operations, as well as assisting in the strategic planning and outreach efforts to enhance enrollment efforts. This work includes hiring and supervising staff and engaging with a variety of internal and external partners to promote our campus to the community.
The manager will use professional experience and judgment to ensure effective, accurate, and legally compliant actions and operations. Decisions made at this level require the development of solutions to support the goals outlined at higher levels regarding the College's ongoing goals and objectives.
Madison College’s dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Hiring a diverse workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College – it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/DEADLINE: Cover Letter and Resume. Failure to submit these documents by the first review date will render your application ineligible.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of August 23, 2022, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. cover letter
This is a full-time, exempt, 52 weeks per year position working fully on-site. General working hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with some early evening hours and some weekends if needed. Schedule can be somewhat flexible.
This posting may be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within six months of the closing date.
Madison College provides a generous benefits package of vacation, holidays, health/vision/dental/life insurance options, and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS). This position does not offer a relocation package.
- Promotes a positive work experience for staff and students by maintaining and promoting a campus climate that encourages staff communication, interaction and problem solving.
- Support and impact enrollment management efforts such as student and community engagement events. Coordinates with marketing officials on appropriate marketing and advertising strategies.
- Manages and oversees assigned staff.
- Manages the implementation of internal operations for the campus, which includes planning, coordinating, collaborating in scheduling, administering procedures, and/or service offerings; ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards; coordinating activities between multiple service areas; and working to integrate and coordinate service areas
- Prepares, reviews, interprets, and analyzes a variety of complex and multi-faceted information, records, data, forms, schedules, calendars, surveys, and reports; makes recommendations based on findings.
- Assists with community outreach activities to enhance community engagement as needed.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, task forces, and/or other related groups.
- Provides front desk/welcome center services as needed, including interacting with students, cash handling and triaging questions.
- Assists the Director in the preparation and administration of a budget, including grant and capital equipment budgets if applicable; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations; submits justifications for budget items.
- Identifies and leads collaborative process improvement activities to gain efficiencies and productivity within the assigned campus.
- Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision and values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Skill in communicating effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing. Ability to engage with a variety of partners, internal and external to promote the Watertown campus as a college of choice.
- Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
- Ability to learn and apply all Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn, software packages such as web-authoring, scheduling, and ERPs such as Workday or PeopleSoft. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to supervise staff in a team-based environment.
- Exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback.Contribute to building a positive team spirit. Put success of team above own interests. Assist in building morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Bachelor's degree or four years (8,000 hours) of an equivalent combination of education and work experience directly related to the skills required for successfully performing this position. Experience used as an equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any experience required by the position.
Plus -Five (5) Years’ experience.
Madison College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
To ensure that emails from us regarding your application do not go to your spam folder, please add the @madisoncollege.edu domain as a safe sender in your email.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. Madison College offers degrees, diplomas, apprenticeships and certificates in Architecture & Engineering; Arts, Design & Humanities; Business; Construction, Manufacturing & Maintenance; Culinary, Hospitality & Fitness; Education & Social Services; Health Sciences; Information Technology; Law, Protective & Human Services; Science, Math & Natural Resources; and Transportation. Admissions criteria vary by program and are available by calling our Enrollment Office at (608) 246-6210 or (800) 322-6282 Ext. 6210. The following person has been designated to coordinate Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and to handle inquiries regarding the college’s nondiscrimination policies: Lisa Muchka, Compliance Coordinator, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246.5221
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*