132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Part-time Staff: Accounting Assistant - Food Service
Position Description: Perform all functions related to cash control, purchasing, accounts payable and account receivable in the food service operation, provide clerical support to the Director of Auxiliary Operations.
- Perform all opening and end of day duties related to the cash registers in Breakers and Kiosks.
- Maintain cash drawer fund in safe, perform weekly safe count.
- Enter purchase requisitions and process invoices and credit card payments in Clockshop.
- Ensure proper billing for all internal and external catering functions
- Train employees to operate cash register, perform duties of cashier as needed.
- Input updated information to POS system related to item maintenance and pricing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience/Training
- High school diploma and three years of food service work experience beyond the cashiering level (e.g., assistant manager.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern food service and office practices, procedures, and equipment; accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, basic math.
- Skills in following oral and written instructions; maintaining a variety of records; analyzing sales records and relevant information; preparing reports.
- Abilities to learn and properly apply departmental policies and procedures; resolve problems and make independent decisions within authority boundaries of the position; operate standard office equipment, cash register, calculator, copier, and label maker, perform routine and detailed tasks in an accurate and efficient manner; maintain effective customer relations and other interpersonal working relationships.
Physical Activity Level
- Light - Sit sometimes, stand sometimes, lift up to 25 lbs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time, continuing staff position that requires the availability to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
The hourly salary is at grade 4Aux of the auxiliary staff salary schedule.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a part-time, continuing status staff position. The work schedule includes up to 27.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 9:00AM – 2:30PM for 32 weeks per year and switching to 22 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 8AM – 1:30PM for 20 weeks per year.
- Compensation for this position is at 04 on the Auxiliary Staff Salary Schedule. The hourly rate for this position is $15/hour, with non-insurance benefits, including paid time away (vacation, personal, sick and holiday pay) and prorated tuition.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply for this position through the college’s Human Resources website. Please be prepared to do the following:
- Complete all questions in the application*
- Attach a current resume and a cover letter summarizing your interest and qualifications for this position.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, application review will begin on Monday, August 8, 2022.
- TO AVOID DIFFICULTIES WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, BE SURE YOUR WEB BROWSER (E.G., GOOGLE CHROME, FIREFOX, INTERNET EXPLORER) IS UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION. ALLOW YOURSELF SUFFICIENT TIME TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION SINCE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE A PARTIALLY COMPLETED APPLICATION AND WORK ON IT LATER.
Lakeland Community College is an equal access and equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to the principle of diversity and, in that spirit, seek a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, people with disabilities and people over 40. Under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. If your disability requires special accommodations to participate in the application/interview process, contact the Human Resources Office at 440-525-7575.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*