Redlands Community College is seeking qualified candidates to apply for adjunct teaching positions in Computer Science. Must be able to teach live classes with an emphasis in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access. This is a part-time/temporary adjunct faculty position. Position reports to the Department Head. This is a continuous vacancy announcement that is filled on a “need only” basis. All applications are kept on file and when courses become available applicants will be notified. Work may be performed online or in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- teach assigned classes;
- support the integrity of the curricula with the Department Head;
- follow Redlands Community College official course calendar, observing holiday breaks, and start and stop times;
- assess and encourage student achievement per student learning objectives;
- interact in an effective and encouraging manner with students individually and in groups;
- promote the mission of the Department, as well as the College as a whole.
- Master’s degree in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the discipline is required. Prior teaching experience is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English.
- Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as email and internet.
- Experience in various teaching delivery formats is preferred.
To apply: submit a cover letter, resume, copies of college transcripts, and three references with names, addresses and phone numbers.