Job ID : 2943955
Business Unit : ND State College of Science
Location : Wahpeton
Posted : 07/26/2022
Full/Part Time : Full-Time
Department : Nursing
Close Date : Open Until Filled
POSITION: Nursing Faculty Position
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Anyone eligible to work in the USA
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full-time, tenure track, 9-month faculty position.
JOB SUMMARY: Primary responsibilities include clinical, laboratory & didactic instruction and related activities for the Registered Nursing Program and the Practical Nursing Program. Other duties include curriculum development and revision, student advisement, professional development, committee work, and related departmental and college responsibilities. This position may also be responsible for the development and delivery of courses that are provided in a distance education format. Travel may be required. The successful applicant must be flexible, highly motivated, self-directed and able to analyze and solve problems while working effectively in a team-centered management atmosphere.
BENEFITS: Fully paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount.
SALARY: $52,000 - $60,000 - Commensurate with education and experience.
- Must support the mission, vision and values of NDSCS and the Nursing Department;
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with willingness to obtain Masters in Nursing within 4 years;
- Unencumbered ND registered nurse license (or the ability to attain);
- Two years recent clinical or related experience;
- Demonstrated competence in nursing practice;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with students and staff in a team setting;
- Ability to support the two-year post-secondary college philosophy;
- Ability to travel related to the position requirements;
- Willing to attain North Dakota Career and Technical Education Certification.
- A master’s degree in Nursing
- Unencumbered MN registered nurse license (or the ability to attain);
- Computer and/or instructional technology literate;
- Successful teaching or training experience;
- North Dakota Career and Technical Education Certification.
How To Apply
DATE AVAILABLE: August 2022
SCREENING BEGINS: Immediately - Open until filled
BACKGROUND CHECK: NDSCS does require a successful background check for the selected candidate prior to official offer of the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: To be considered, applicants must complete the following application/checklist. Applicants should fully describe qualifications and experience, with specific reference to each of the qualifications and responsibilities listed because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based. Only applicants who appear best qualified based on this review will be invited for a personal interview. The submission of all required materials buy the screening date is the responsibility of the applicant. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
Interested candidates must submit an NDSCS employment application, cover letter, resume, transcripts and three professional references.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*