This job has Expired
Windows Systems Administrator
Are you a Windows Systems Administrator who wants to join a collaborative team providing world-class IT services?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team!
We are seeking a creative IT professional to help us support our expanding information systems that are instrumental
to significant Department of Defense projects. We take great pride in contributing our hardware and software support to
projects that help protect the nation. You will actively assist with our IT support efforts, including configuring, installing,
uninstalling and maintaining systems used in remote site installations, laboratory environments, and field tests. We are
a hardworking team of systems administrators and information security experts, who love working collaboratively to
solve complex computing challenges. Our team is passionate about providing world-class IT services to the facilities and
projects we support.
As a Windows Systems Administrator...
• Your primary responsibility will be supporting multiple classified information systems hosted here at APL. This includes the support of server processing resources, data storage resources, desktop security applications, desktop engineering and office applications, and the integration between Linux and Windows Operating systems. You will be supporting existing hardware as well as deploying new equipment and decommissioning unneeded equipment.
• You’ll also work directly with customers and end users to provide classified processing resources and to support ongoing operations in closed areas and restricted areas.
• To maintain a proactive security posture, you’ll work with several technical teams to implement, monitor, and validate Risk Management Framework configurations (STIGs) and work with a security team to execute ongoing Continuous Monitoring across multiple classified information systems. This can range from Splunk and Powerbi queries to multiple different types of in-house developed security applications.
• You’ll work directly with program and project managers as well as internal technical resources to define requirements, procure materials, and set goals and milestones for new information systems and changes and updates to existing ones.
• Along with your Windows and Active Directory Teams, you’ll work with our Linux, Storage, Security teams to maintain a secure and functional classified processing environment for all our small, medium, and large networks.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS in an Information Technology field or a combination of equivalent level of relevant experience and
education in the information technology domain area.
- Have experience with Risk Management Framework and STIG implementation on systems under DCSA cognizance.
- Have extensive experience with Windows Server operating systems, including Active Directory, and Group Policy
- Are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with good interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to independently analyze and identify project/program needs and develop high quality cost-effective
solutions for addressing use of existing and future computing resources.
- Have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject
to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information.
Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Are willing and able to work full time in a closed area.
- Have a current DoD 8570 certification (Security + or CISSP).
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community,
APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide
proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have experience with SQL server administration and DBA experience.
- Are proficient with Powershell and other scripting languages.
- Possess a MS Degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Are certified in MCSE, Dell, and/or SAN.
- Have extensive experience with virtualization technologies, VDI, Citrix, complex group policies and active directory
- Have experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), NISPOM, and DAAPM requirements as they apply to
- Have previous experience with Splunk management and query/dashboard development, Windows and Linux desktop
and server operating systems, dedicated storage, office products, database administration, and scientific applications.
- Have project management or team leadership experience.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*