132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Counselor, Temporary Part-time
Counselor, Temporary Part-time
Classification Title MSCF TPT Faculty - Counselor
Hire Types Faculty
Division Academic Affairs
Department Academic Affairs
Location Cloquet, MN
Full/Part Time Part Time
Employment Condition Temporary Part-time
Work Shift Days
Work schedule is negotiable and can be discussed with the supervisor at time of interview. Student Services business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Position will work 20 hours per week onsite. This equates to 8.57 credits (17.14 cr/AY) of pay per semester. Posting is for one academic year, but may have the option to renew to additional semesters or academic years.
Position will remain open until filled; priority will be given to applicants who apply by July 15, 2022
Salary Minimum $26,872
Salary Maximum $38,046
Salary Type Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan 210, MSCF
- The position will work approximately 20 hours per week throughout the academic year. The successful candidate will:
- Provide academic advising, career, and personal counseling to a diverse student population, with a focus on Native American students.
- Provide proactive career counseling for all students, with a focus on Associate of Arts degree seeking students.
- Coordinate proactive mental health programming and support for students and related training for staff and faculty to better equip them to respond to student mental health needs.
- Participate in student success programming efforts, including but not limited to, advising support to first-time in-college students, utilizing the College’s Starfish platform, and providing basic needs support and referrals.
- Assist students with registration and developing academic plans.
- Work collaboratively with teaching faculty and other campus personnel to support the College’s commitment to student success.
- Advocate for students with physical, psychological, and/or learning disabilities.
- Conduct programming regarding behavioral health.
- Master’s degree in counseling or counseling psychology
- Counseling, including personal and career, academic advising, and teaching experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an ethnically, culturally, and philosophically diverse higher education context.
- Experience working with underrepresented and underprepared students.
- Experience with development, implementation, and evaluation of student success programs and strategies.
- Experience with planning and implementing programs regarding behavioral health for student audiences.
- Knowledge and experience working with students with disabilities.
- Experience with the evaluation of effectiveness of counseling/advising programs.
- Other Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F039P
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date 08/17/2022
Position End Date (if temporary) 05/11/2023
Open Date 06/28/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Accept Applications Yes
Special Instructions Summary
To be considered for the position, you must apply online at PeopleAdmin and attach the following:
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the minimum qualifications of the position,
- CV or resume, and
- A copy of your graduate transcript(s). (Official transcripts will be required of hired candidate.)
Questions about the position may be directed to the Anita Hanson, Dean of Student Services, at (218) 879-0805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Notice: In accordance with Minnesota State’s Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be require to conform to Minn State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College is a member of Minnesota State and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*