This job has Expired
THE LITERACY CENTER is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to helping adult students empower themselves through education. For over forty years, we have served the people of the Lehigh Valley, helping them improve their lives, the lives of their families, and their community by strengthening their literacy skills.
The Literacy Center is seeking a part-time computer instructor to deliver remote computer class instruction to adult students. Currently searching for candidate(s) with flexible availability who can teach evenings and/or Saturdays on an as needed and ongoing basis.
- Remote computer instruction
- Class organization
- Teach and make improvements upon curriculum
- Class-related documentation including conducting student assessments
- Organize and manage classroom technology
- Keep accurate records and intake information on each participant including attendance, assessment, surveys, etc.
- Motivate students to increase their performance, attendance, and program retention
- Teach the following content: basic computer use and introduction to Windows, typing, Google Workplace, and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Effectively deliver remote instruction to adult learners
- Employ a student-centered approach in teaching to help learners identify and progress toward their academic and work-related goals
- Work independently (self-directed) and as a team member
- Function in a flexible environment and readily adapt to change
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
- Develop and maintain courteous and appropriate professional and student relationships
- Effectively deliver instruction to diverse learners or all ages, educational and linguistic backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree
- Past teaching experience required
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
To be considered for this position, please submit both a resume AND a cover letter. Applications not including both resume and cover letter will not be considered.
The Literacy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and support the diversity of our students, volunteers, instructors, and staff. We seek to promote an understanding and appreciation of differences by creating an inclusive environment embracing individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and aspirations.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our programs and services are being delivered remotely.
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*