This job has Expired
Allied Health Coordinator
Allied Health Coordinator
Gogebic Community College seeks candidates for a full-time Allied Health Coordinator. The salary range for this position is $41,651 to $42,597. The College offers a generous benefits package. This position does not require any medical knowledge. A successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, the ability to multitask, offer attention to detail, accuracy, and clear communication. This position reports to the Director of Allied Health. It is important that there is recognition, acceptance, and adherence to the community college mission and philosophy from our candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor and advise incoming Emergency Medical Service, Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, and Phase One Nursing Students. This includes developing degree plans, refer students seeking career advice or needing counseling, and advising those seeking to transfer to RN to BSN programs.
- Manage databases and student records maintaining confidentiality of student records according to the guidelines established under FERPA.
- Determine LPN applicant’s eligibility for admission to the program through transcript analysis and GPA calculations for LPN students on and off campus and explain to students their clearance to or exemption from the program.
- Present at recruitment events like HOSA, college fairs, counselor day, and health career day.
- Organize and advertise the health career days.
- Coordinate clinical schedule with facilities, other educational institutions, and Allied Health Programs.
- Work with clinical sites to organize and set up orientation days each semester.
- Verify student compliance with immunization requirements mandated by clinical facilities.
- Assist with accreditation documentation.
- Assist with resource/meeting days as assigned.
- Attend clinical meetings at various sites.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite tools (Word, Excel).
• Work under pressure, balance competing demands, and set priorities.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Recordkeeping techniques.
• Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service.
Associate degree, bachelor’s preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use a computer; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. This position requires some day travel by automobile and some overnight trips. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position does require occasional evening hours.
Don’t just work here... Live here.
About Our College:
Gogebic Community College is more than a place to work. It’s a place to be. As an Aspen Award finalist and the premier provider of quality two-year education in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Gogebic employs a community college approach in delivering university-level quality.
Gogebic supports more than 1,000 students with small class sizes and an outcome-focused philosophy. Gogebic Community College’s “Go BOLD” motto prescribes a dynamic environment in which students and employees alike are supported as they do great work, live adventurous lives, and build extraordinary futures.
About Our Region:
A few miles north of ordinary lies the Upper Peninsula’s Gogebic region. Amid nearly a million acres of natural beauty in the Ottawa National Forest, Gogebic is a wonderland for work and a paradise for play. Our dazzling region, known for world-class fishing, hiking, skiing, biking, snowmobiling and outdoor adventuring, represents one of Michigan’s last unspoiled gems.
A Bold Place to Work…
- Gogebic is more than a community college… It’s a college community—known for supportive leadership and dynamic, down-to-earth employees.
- A community institution at the heart of our region’s workforce, the College and its graduates uplift not only local economies, but those throughout Michigan, and beyond.
- Combining high standards with a “serving the top 100%” approach, Gogebic Community College is a place to make a stand for your career…and make a difference in the lives of students.
A Bold Place to Ski…
• Gogebic Community College is the only college in the United States hosting an oncampus ski resort. Home to GCC’s nationally renowned Ski Area Management program, the Mt. Zion Recreational Complex is a professionally managed and maintained public ski facility featuring a state-of-the-art lift and 300 feet of vertical.
A Bold Place to Be…
- The Gogebic region provides a stunning, million-acre backdrop on which to explore adventure, connect with nature, and discover yourself.
- Located four hours from the Twin Cities and six hours from Chicago, Gogebic residents get the best of both worlds: small-town connectedness, with access to big-city culture.
- Local hiking, biking, skiing, and snowboarding trails include the North Country Trail and the famed 1,200-mile Iron Belle Trail, as well as routes traversing Black River Harbor, the Porcupine Mountains, Sylvania wilderness, and the Ottawa National Forest.
- With a persistent economy driven by a mix of construction, manufacturing, tourism, transportation, and retail, the region boasts a stable workforce, with skilled positions paying living wages.
Gogebic Community College is a learning community that contributes to academic, cultural, economic, and social success for our students and region.
Application Process Applications will be received until position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing all five of the following in one email or one mailed envelope:
1. Letter of interest
2. Detailed resume
3. Three references with current contact information
4. GCC Application for Employment
5. Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to: Debbie Janczak
Director of Human Resources
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*