Post-Doctoral Fellow, CHIRP
Post-Doctoral Fellow, CHIRP
The School of Health Sciences at Merrimack College is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated Post-Doctoral Fellow to join the Department of Nutrition and Public Health in the Summer of 2022. Continuation of the position is dependent on grant funding. The Post-Doctoral Fellow will work in collaboration with Dr. Juliana Cohen and the Center for Health Inclusion Research, and Practice (CHIRP). Merrimack College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek candidates with a demonstrated ability to work with students across a broad range of social and personal identities and perspectives and a commitment to prepare students to serve a diverse population. We particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented groups.
The purpose of this position is to conduct research and write grants in collaboration with Dr. Juliana Cohen as a post-doctoral fellow within the Center for Health Inclusion Research, and Practice (CHIRP).
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
1. PhD in behavioral nutrition or similar field within public health nutrition
2. Collaborate with Dr. Juliana Cohen on current and new NIH funded research projects, including coding and analyzing data, and writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
3. Write external grants for new research projects based on interests and skills
4. Present research at academic conferences
5. Attend weekly meetings with Dr. Cohen to ensure research progress, as well as attend CHIRP meetings where appropriate
6. Support CHIRP activities where appropriate (e.g., assist with community events, etc.)
Application Materials Should Include:
- Cover letter stating applicant’s specialization area, motivation and interest in the position, citing experience relevant to the qualifications and including experience with, and commitment to, our Catholic Augustinian mission, and our desire to be a more diverse, equitable and inclusive institution of higher learning.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- A teaching statement
- Three (3) professional references
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please email application materials to Dr. Juliana Cohen: email@example.com
Statement of Our Mission
Merrimack College is a Catholic Augustinian institution of higher education committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community. Our mission is to enlighten minds, engage hearts and empower lives and is inspired by our Catholic faith and the Augustinian tradition of seeking truth through inquiry and dialogue.
Merrimack College seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to Merrimack’s Augustinian mission and values and advance our work in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. All candidates should describe in their application previous experience related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that supports our Augustinian mission, our Catholic faith and our values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Required Vaccinations & Remote Work
This is can be a remote or hybrid position.
Merrimack College currently has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Students, faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
About Merrimack College
The only Catholic, Augustinian institution of higher education in New England, Merrimack College is a private, independent, coeducational institution with more than 5,000 undergraduates and graduate students from 32 states and 37 countries, and comprises schools of liberal arts, science and engineering, health sciences, education and social policy, and business. The college’s 260- acre campus is approximately 25 miles north of Boston in North Andover and Andover, Massachusetts. Merrimack is a Master’s Colleges & Universities/Medium Programs institution in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. Merrimack is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country and has steadily climbed up U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Best Colleges, coming in 46th out of 170 schools ranked in the Regional Universities North category in 2020. Merrimack is also listed as one of the top 10 most innovative schools and placed 35th for best undergraduate teaching programs among schools in the U.S. News category.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*