This job has Expired
Assistant Director Workforce Programs
Assistant Director Workforce Programs
$47,000.00 - $49,000.00 Annually
Full-time Regular Staff
Academic & Student Affairs
9/21/2022 5:00 PM Eastern
General office, Requires travel
Location and Supervisor
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our community;
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success!
The Assistant Director of Workforce Programs collaborates with Lake and Sumter Counties schools, workforce agencies, local businesses, and LSSC Enrollment Management and Marketing teams to develop and implement recruitment and marketing strategies that promote awareness of LSSC Workforce programs and provide opportunities to increase recruitment, enrollment, and retention in Workforce programs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and collaborate with Enrollment Management staff in recruitment efforts at College and community events. Develop and foster opportunities to increase recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Establish, maintain, and build relationships with workforce agencies, businesses, school districts, and postsecondary institutions to promote awareness of LSSC Workforce Programs.
- Represent the College at local, regional, and state-wide organizations, committees, and boards related to the planning and coordination of workforce programs.
- Develop and implement recruitment and marketing strategies for Lake and Sumter County partnerships and LSSC workforce programs.
- Serve as a liaison with community advisory committees and maintains good working relationships with community leaders and groups. Collaborate with Dean of Workforce and Program Managers on program advisory committee activities.
- Serve on department and college-wide committees and workgroups. Provides input on planning strategic initiatives to support student success and collaborates with College leadership to set annual strategic goals for the department.
- Collaborate with Program Manager of BAS, Admissions, and Advising in recruiting students, monitoring progress, and program completion.
- Responsible for annual review and approval of career pathways articulation agreements. Ensure agreements are reviewed, revised, and signed annually.
- Facilitate credit transfer and serve as contact point for Career Pathways students. Coordinate student articulation requests with appropriate faculty for review.
- Support and assist Grant Manager in planning, implementation, and assessment of grant initiatives. Provide direction for grant-related activities such as events, outreach, and deliverables to meet the needs of a highly diverse student population. Assist in planning, implementation and assessment of the National Science Foundation Grant initiatives.
- Serve as liaison with Business Affairs Department to ensure proper grant requirements are being met and necessary reports are filed timely. Create and monitor grant budgets in conformance with the terms of approved grant funded initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree required, Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five to eight years of work experience in post secondary environment. Demonstrated experience in program or grant management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of postsecondary education programs, grant development, and administration; and general education requirements.
- Excellent organizational, time management, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, follow-through on projects, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with students, staff, faculty, education partners, industry representatives, and other members of the community.
- Demonstrated proficiency with current technology and applications.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*