Financial Aid Scholarship Coordinator
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College (ECTC) is one of 16 two-year colleges in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). ECTC offers daytime, evening, online, and weekend classes at several campus locations. Opened in 1964 and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), our goal is to prepare students for successful transfer to Kentucky four-year colleges or for immediate entrance into fulfilling careers.
ECTC is seeking a high-energy hands-on individual to provide outreach and overall management of all functions related to scholarship programs, including the preparation of application materials, coordination of selection committees, determination of student eligibility for awards, and account management for all scholarship programs. This position will report to the Director of Financial Aid and assist with scholarship marketing and outreach efforts to new and current students.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Financial Aid & Scholarship
- Administers ECTC scholarship program to include the coordination of the online application process, management of awarding, reconciliation of accounts, data entry into PeopleSoft, verification and/or cancellation of scholarships, and promotion and evaluation program annually.
- Facilitate and oversee the scholarship selection committees’ responsibilities, assuring regulatory compliance, eligibility requirements, and policy.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all communications with students, parents, counselors, and college representatives.
- Work with faculty and student affairs to identify prospective applicants for targeted outreach to maximize awards.
- Manage Work Ready Scholarship program.
- Manage the KEES program.
- Conduct financial aid/scholarship presentations at workshops, orientation, area high schools, and other community organizations.
- Work with the involved partners to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of scholarship grant distributions.
- Stay current with trends, best practices, and other regulations related to each and all scholarships.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Institutional Advancement to create awareness of the scholarship program with potential donors, prospective recipients, and the broader community.
- Assist the department of Institutional Advancement with event coordination to promote and recognize scholarships.
- Work with Advancement to provide award updates and stewardship reports to scholarship donors.
Bachelor’s degree (related field), and two years of related experience, or equivalent.
Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational management and student development skills.
- Quality service and teamwork skills.
- Ability to problem solve, demonstrate initiative, and work autonomously.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use, assess, and manage technology and information systems in the enrollment area.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of MS Office and relevant applications.
Position is open until filled, review begins August 1, 2022.
Please visit: https://careers.kctcs.edu/search-jobs and select ECTC as your school for additional information and to apply online.
KCTCS/ECTC is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
Band 9 (Min: $37,704.00)
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*