Adult Education Program Manager
Adult Education Program Manager
Full Job Description
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois is seeking a fulltime Manager for the Adult Education Program. This role is responsible for the continued development and execution of Goodwill’s Adult Education Programs, including case management, basic adult education and GED courses, and scholarship components; responsible for student success ratios; integral in developing and maintaining community relationships; development of scholarships and funding in multiple communities; and responsible for overall image of program. Regular travel between communities is required. Candidates can be based in Winnebago, Boone, or McHenry county.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Effective management skills to lead a team of instructors, case managers, and support staff throughout multiple counties (Boone, Winnebago, McHenry, and LaSalle).
- Recruit, reward and retain staff.
- Maintain understanding of the learning techniques used in classroom and tutoring programs. Make recommendations on approaches, techniques, and materials utilized.
- Evaluate and develop supplemental curriculum to maintain adherence to Adult Education Standards.
- Arrange class scheduling, materials, instructors, case management, and student assessments.
- Visit classrooms on a regular basis
- Develop and implement strategies for student success and retention.
- Maintain metrics on results and outcomes for all facets of the Adult Education program.
- Manage scholarship program and implement and oversee in multiple communities.
- Meet established goals for all facets of the program.
- Recommend program enhancements based on industry knowledge and measured results.
- Develop a network of professional colleagues for referrals and support of the Adult Education program.
- Develop strong relationships with organizations in the counties we serve that will help move program participants forward with educational goals.
- Leads through keeping safety a priority including maintaining a safe and clean work environment, establishing a safety culture, and ensuring safety procedures are followed in all programs.
- Provides managerial oversight of staff including hiring (based on budgeted needs), training, coaching, praising, disciplining, and terminating following State and Federal laws and utilizing Human Resource guidelines.
- Completes timely and thorough performance appraisals on direct reports.
- Uncover financial resources for programs including grants, community support, and corporate community support.
- Monitor budget to ensure decisions and programs fit within financial guidelines.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications & Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in education or related field is required. A Master’s degree preferred. Coursework in adult education programs is also preferred.
- Three – five years experience working in human services or adult education industry.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and people successfully.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Capable of building strong relationships and demonstrated ability to influence others both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Presentation and training skills.
- Experience analyzing needs, developing programs, and delivering programs.
This is a full-time opportunity with benefits, including:
- health insurance
- vision insurance
- dental insurance
- basic life insurance
- 401(k) options (retirement savings)
- vacation and sick day accrual
- paid holidays
- tuition reimbursement
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*