132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Gila Pueblo Campus, Globe, Arizona
College and Area Information:
Eastern Arizona College and Gila Community College have partnered to provide higher education services in Gila County. Gila Community College includes the Gila Pueblo Campus in Globe, Payson Campus, and other branch campuses. As the service provider, Eastern Arizona College’s offerings within Gila County are fully accredited community college programs. Eastern Arizona College is the oldest member of the Arizona Community College system and is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of NCA.
Position Summary and Organizational Relationship:
The Mathematics Instructor - Gila Community College Program reports to the Dean of the designated campus. Funding for this position is contingent upon continuation of the external contract between the Gila County Community College District and Graham County Community College District.
• Master’s Degree in Mathematics or a closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Mathematics.
• Teaching experience in Mathematics.
• Ability to relate effectively with students from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds, learning orientations, and levels of preparation.
• Willing and able to teach late afternoon, evening, and summer courses if necessary.
• A clear understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy and goals.
• Computer literate with experience using computers for supplemental and mediated instruction.
• Innovative teaching experience.
• Experience teaching developmental mathematics courses.
• Experience teaching college level mathematics courses.
• Ability to work well within a departmental structure and with other faculty in the design and implementation of curriculum and assessment protocols.
• Teach a variety of developmental and college level mathematics courses including Differential Equations.
• Teach a minimum of 32 adjusted load hours per year; up to six adjusted load hours of overload may be required per semester.
• Maintain a minimum accountability week of 35 hours, including five posted office hours, on campus for teaching, advising, helping students, class preparation, consultation with colleagues, and other related activities.
• Develop and update curriculum and assessment instruments as needed.
• Complete end-of-year student performance analysis and reports.
• Serve on institutional committees as assigned.
• Teach late afternoon, evening, and summer classes as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing each of the required and preferred qualifications and describing experience related to the position responsibilities, a vita, transcripts (if copies are sent, official transcripts must be on file prior to the date of hire), signed copy of the EAC application form, available on EAC’s website (EAC Application Form), and a minimum of three written confidential letters of professional references, to email@example.com or can be mailed to the address listed below:
Eastern Arizona College
Human Resources - AP243
615 N. Stadium Avenue
Thatcher, AZ 85552-0769
The submission of all required application materials for the screening committee’s review is the responsibility of
Applicants must be prepared to interview at their own expense.
Open until filled. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate is identified.
Compensation and Position Availability:
The initial position compensation range is $44,477 to $71,163 per current salary schedule per academic year including a cash flex benefit. The position also includes excellent employee benefits. The anticipated position start date is August 8, 2022.
Human Resources Department
Voice: (928) 428-8915
FAX: (928) 428-2578
EASTERN ARIZONA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER Eastern Arizona College is in compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, educational services, programs and activities. Eastern Arizona College complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, 20 U.S. Code § 1092(f) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, by distributing an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report is intended to inform the campus community of campus safety information, Clery Act crime statistics, on-campus housing fire data and statistics, and policies and procedures relating to sexual violence, emergency response, and other safety factors. A copy of EAC’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report can be found at http://www.eac.edu/About_EAC/Consumer_Information/report.pdf.
Additional copies are available at the Alumni Library (Thatcher Campus), the Learning Resource Center (Payson Campus), and the library (Gila Pueblo Campus). A paper copy of the report will be provided upon request at EAC’s District Office, located at 615 N. Stadium Avenue, Thatcher, AZ. A daily crime log listing all criminal and alleged criminal incidents reported to campus police/security is available on-site, during normal business hours, at each of the campuses: EAC Police Department, located at 620 N. College Avenue, Thatcher, AZ (Thatcher Campus); Gila Pueblo Campus Administration Office,
located at 8274 Six Shooter Canyon Road, Globe, AZ (Gila Pueblo Campus); and Payson Campus Administration Office,
located at 201 N. Mud Springs Rd., Payson, AZ (Payson Campus). A fire log containing all reported fires that occurred at any
of EAC's on-campus student housing facilities is available during normal business hours at the Housing Office, located at 900 N. College Avenue, Thatcher, AZ.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*