Executive Assistant to the CEO
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Full Job Description
The YWCA's mission focuses on social justice and requires critical thinking through the lens of racism and intersections with poverty. Therefore, knowing the core principles of antiracism work and grounding those principles in everyday work are required job skills and core values.
- Complete a wide variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential
- Making restaurants/meeting reservations as requested by the CEO.
- Making complex and detailed business travel plans/arrangements for the CEO.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office
- Research, prioritize, follows-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature, and determine an appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as a ‘barometer’ having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updates
- Membership and subscription administration and support
- Support communication and meeting materials for YWCA USA association
- Serve as a critical liaison for CEO IT support and work directly with IT to resolve issues.
Board of Directors Support
- Provide administrative support for Board meetings, Board Executive Committee meetings, and selected Board related committees.
- Meeting packet preparation, including meeting minutes, drafting meeting agenda, etc.
- Maintain Board member email distribution list updated
- Facilitate/run logistics of board meetings and associated meetings (admit participants, monitor chats, run PPT, facilitate breakout rooms, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and updated Board roster, profile forms, committee lists, and annual forms.
Qualifications & Core Competencies:
- Post-secondary degree in business or a related field
- Ten+ years of administrative support experience in an executive-level position plus at least five years within a senior administrative capacity partnering with a CEO in a dynamic, fast-paced environment required.
- Experienced with multiple virtual meeting platforms (Teams, Zoom, etc.) both as a user and meeting facilitator.
- Experience in non-profit field is preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven skills in the use of business English, grammar, letter writing, and the taking and transcribing of business meeting minutes.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters, whether inside or outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision, make decisions in accordance with company policies, and work effectively with the Board of Directors, executive leadership, staff, vendors, and the public.
- Proven organizational skills, self-starter, multi-tasker, and the ability to take the initiative and meet priorities in a fast-paced environment with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet numerous deadlines, work with frequent disruptions, and reprioritize assignments as necessary.
- Successful ability to work as an effective team member, work with multiple departments, and work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them appropriately.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills of essential computer competencies such as email, calendaring, entry-level data entry, and familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Core Competencies Expected: Communication, Leading and Developing Others, Professionalism, Ethics, and Integrity, Fostering Diversity, Race and Social Justice Advocacy
- Ability to see situations from several different lenses and angles to inform conclusions, demonstrating strong judgment while taking into account varied perspectives with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture, and distance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In performing this position, the employee:
- All positions at YWCA of Seattle | King | Snohomish are exposed to clients who have experienced or are experiencing trauma in various forms including but not limited to: domestic violence, sexual violence, homelessness, unemployment, financial hardship, etc. As a result, staff are at risk of secondary trauma. Employees are encouraged to seek external support and maintain self-care when working indirectly or directly with clients
- Continuously exchanges information through listening and talking with agency staff, board members, representatives of community organizations and other individuals in the community
- Frequently stands, walks, sits and climbs in performing duties in the workspace and in the community
- Frequently reaches and grasps in using telephones, computers, fax machines and other office equipment and supplies
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 15 lbs. of equipment and storage boxes; occasionally up to 50lbs.
- Occasionally kneels, bends, pushes, and pulls in obtaining files from drawers.
- Occasionally climbs stairs in YWCA locations.
*Continuously = Over 80% of the time * Frequently = 20-80% * Occasionally = Under 20%
Hours, Rate & Benefits:
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, retirement plan, plus generous vacation, holiday and sick leave plans
- At the time of hire, employees may choose to voluntarily enroll in the Fidelity 403b Plan. Typically after two years of employment, employees are eligible to participate in the YWCA Retirement Fund.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*