President/Chief Executive Officer
President/Chief Executive Officer
Full Job Description
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Child Care of the Berkshires, Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to strengthening vulnerable families in Berkshire County, Massachusetts through high quality child care, education, support services, and advocacy. The agency operates a variety of evidence-based family support programs, licensed child care centers, and a system of licensed family child care home-providers. The agency is committed to the strengthening families philosophy and creating high quality environments that enhance a child’s well-being and safety and promote independence, learning, and social-emotional skills. The agency is committed to fostering, enhancing, and elevating a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment for children, families, and employees.
The President/CEO is responsible for leadership of the agency through implementation of policies in consultation with the Board of Directors. General duties include: programming and service delivery, financial management, grant management, marketing, human resource responsibilities, community relations and advocacy, professional development, and administrative management of the corporation. Guidance and direction are provided by the Board and its Executive Committee.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned strategic, collaborative, mission-driven, and visionary leader, well-versed in working with employees, the Board of Directors, external partners, the Department of Early Education and Care, and other Massachusetts government divisions. In short, we seek a dynamic leader who is a skilled advocate for at-risk children and families, a strong communicator, and a successful fundraiser.
The successful candidate will be one who has:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree desirable. Degree in nonprofit management, business administration, education, or related field desired;
- 7-10 years of increasingly responsible administrative experience, at least 5 of which shall have been in a leadership capacity;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with state and local child care and family services programs, human services, and community resources is likewise desirable;
- Positive attitude, understanding and passion for child welfare work, early education and care, and family support education, especially with the complicated low-income, at-risk children and families that are CCB’s core constituency;
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of grant and contract negotiation and administration, program development and management, community organization, fiscal and organizational management, marketing and public relations, and fundraising;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to provide leadership and to establish and build supportive and positive relationships with others and to work both as a member and a leader of a team;
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and writing skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to furthering diversity, equity, inclusion, and access initiatives in work with team members, clients, and other constituents.
This full-time, exempt position is located in North Adams, Massachusetts. The successful candidate must be physically present on-site both in North Adams and regularly at CCB’s other programs in Adams and Pittsfield, become enmeshed in the local business and social services community, and be willing and able to appear regularly in Boston, Springfield, and other MA locations as needed to advocate for CCB programs and families and work with external partners. The annual salary for this position starts at $110,000 and is commensurate with skill and experience.
Benefits Include medical and dental insurances, flexible spending and dependent care benefits; vacation, sick, holiday and personal days; retirement plan; and professional development opportunities. Additional benefits of the job include living and working in a culturally rich area that values CCB; access and ability to partner with institutions like Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Berkshire Community College, Williams College, Clark Art Institute, Berkshire Museum, Hancock Shaker Village, Barrington Stage Company, and Mass MoCA; and being an integral member of the Berkshire County business and social community. Plus, the Berkshires are beautiful and a wonderful place to live.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter (not to exceed one page) to hr@ccberkshire. org by July 31 and should clearly address background, skills, and experiences meeting or exceeding the minimum requirements for the position.
Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a Longstanding Commitment to Increasing the Diversity of the Employee Community
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*