132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 32 New Jobs Today.
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore invites applicants for a non-tenure track position teaching mathematics courses. Experience working with undergraduates using innovative course delivery methods, student-centered techniques, and delivery of real-world experiences for students are highly desired. The ideal candidate will contribute to the mission of preparing students from a variety of backgrounds to be successful. Beyond teaching classes, experience with placement or remediation is necessary. In addition, the individual filing this position will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching undergraduate coursework, in research/scholarship, and service to the Department, University, and the Profession. Salary for the position is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Teach twelve (12) credit hours of undergraduate-level mathematics courses per semester (which may include web-based or other non-traditional instructional delivery methods) in Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, and upper-level courses to support our mathematics degree tracks.
- Hold regular office hours and attend scheduled meetings.
- Participate in recruitment and retention activities.
- Develop and deliver course information to foster student learning and increase student engagement.
- Collaborate with the Department on the issues of course placement, remediation, and overall course design.
- Evaluate and revise department curriculum, course materials, and delivery methods as changes in pedagogy and teaching environments warrant.
- Review, evaluate, and, revise Department policy and curriculum in conjunction with other Department members to enhance student academic and career success.
- Prepare and execute an annual personal development program including increasing both course content knowledge and teaching effectiveness skills.
- Performs other related duties assigned by the department Chair.
25-0000 Education, Training, and Library Occupations
- PhD/M.S. in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematics Education, or related area from an accredited college or university.
- ABD candidates will be considered if degree is conferred by the effective date of appointment.
- Candidates must provide evidence or potential for productivity in teaching undergraduate coursework, in research/scholarship, and service to the Department, University, and the Profession.
- Note: Individuals with degrees outside of the United States may be subject to verification. Verification of degree is the responsibility of the candidate.
- Candidates possessing expertise with effective teaching methods applied to underprepared students from diverse backgrounds will receive preference.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate fundamental mathematics content to students.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Canvas or a related Learning Management System.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must be able to show acceptable documentation establishing the right to accept employment in the United States of America without employer sponsorship.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*