132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Business and Management Instructor
Welcome to Grayson College. Grayson College is in the heart of Grayson County and provides a vital link for higher education. GC offers small classes for personalized instruction, affordable tuition, caring, professional faculty, and the convenience of day, evening or online classes. The college serves approximately 5,000 students annually. Grayson’s reputation is highly respected by surrounding universities and industries as an excellent source of quality graduates who bring specialized, skilled and much-needed talents to the workplace.
Business and Management Professor: Grayson College is seeking a full-time Business and Management Professor. Teaching assignments will vary semester to semester and could include day, evening, occasional weekends, and high school dual credit. Teaching locations could include both campuses, local high schools, and other locations as assigned. This position is responsible for curriculum development and recruitment, retention, and placement of graduates.
The salary for this position is based on the Grayson College 2021-2022 Faculty Salary Scale, https://www.grayson.edu/employment/files/faculty-salary-scale-2021-2022.pdf
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-term disability insurances available
- Medical premiums covered by Grayson College for FT employee only
- Sick Leave Accrual- 2 weeks per year
- Personal Leave- 2 days for FT employees per year
- Holidays- Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Spring Break, Memorial Day, and Independence Day
- Tuition-FT employees, their spouse & dependents are eligible for coverage of full Grayson College tuition amount.
- 65% Teaches as least 15 SCHS of Business and Management lecture/lab courses per long semester; meets classes as assigned and provides assistance to students outside of class; assists Chair in coordination of degree curriculum. Instruction will comprise a variety of modalities such as traditional, face-2-face, online, hybrid, and distance learning.
- 10% Works as a team member in the Business and entrepreneurship Department; complies with the "faculty responsibilities" as outlined in the Faculty Handbook and the College's Policy and Procedure Manual.
- 10% Develops and updates curriculum, participates in college committees, industry advisory committees, assists in registration, advisement and recruiting of students; participates in the program budget process; assists with administering any grant-related budgets, reporting, etc.
- 10% Contributes to the campus assessment process by measuring and reporting student learning outcomes as directed to meet the THECB Core Objectives and SACSCOC requirements.
- 5% Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean and Department Chair.
1. Demonstrates Viking Values of balance, clarity, gratitude, service, teamwork, and trust.
2. Places student success at the center of all decision-making.
3. Uses a wide range of learning resources, tools and technologies to improve access and student success in higher education.
4. Creates and facilitates authentic integrated learning experiences for students and promotes the development of critical thinking so students can apply their learning to the world of work and further education.
5. Seeks opportunities to grow and enhance the future of the Criminal Justice program and its offerings.
6. Embraces the community college mission and the faculty role of contributing to the technical and general education of students.
7. Assesses student knowledge, skills and abilities regardless of how or where the learning and skills were acquired.
8. Collaborates with the Business & Entrepreneurship Pathway faculty.
9. Participates in professional development and stays current in both the professional field and in current teaching/learning best practices.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
- Requires a Master’s degree in Business Administration with 18 graduate hours in Business and Management, or related field with 18 graduate hours in Business Administration/Management from an accredited college or university.
- Previous successful experience teaching Business courses in a high school, university and/or community college is required.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to engage students in the learning process and proven commitment to student success.
- Must maintain a collegial attitude with college community as well as outside entities.
- Must demonstrate cooperative attitude and excellent team skills.
- Requires experience tracking student learning outcomes, analyzing resultant data, and implementing improvement plans.
- Requires excellent computer and multimedia skills.
- Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and administer programs without direct supervision.
- Dual credit teaching experience.
- Quality Matters training.
- Verifiable active participation in an industry curriculum advisory committee.
- Additional 18 graduate hours above the Masters degree in Accounting, Economics, or Computer Science/Computer Information Systems/Management Information Systems.
- To be considered for this position a Grayson College application, resume or vitae, official transcripts and a list of three professional references must be submitted.
- Also include responses to the following requirements:
1. Teaching philosophy
2. Sample syllabus
3. Letter of interest
This position requires three professional references. This position is considered a security sensitive position and will require a criminal background check.
GRAYSON COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION PROVIDING EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASIS OF MERIT AND WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The employer actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact the human resources office at 903-463-8770 or email@example.com.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*