This job has Expired
Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance
The Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance provides instruction to undergraduate and graduate students. This faculty appointment includes a full-time teaching load. This is a one-year position beginning August 2022 with the possibility of applying for a multi-year extension.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Dean of the School of Business.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: The Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance may supervise teaching assistants and student research conducted in the department.
The Assistant Professor of Finance will:
- Teach a full-time teaching load to include Corporate Finance, Intermediate Corporate Finance, Financial Markets and Institutions, International Finance, and Investments. The successful candidate will also teach MBA courses including Finance for Managers and other courses in the candidates field of expertise.
- Utilize innovative and collaborative teaching methods in support of the Department’s mission and learning objectives
- Attend department and university faculty meetings.
- Contribute to Departmental and interdisciplinary initiatives, including recruitment and retention efforts and curriculum development.
- Participate in University activities including but not limited to: extra- and co-curricular activities supporting student success and achievement in alignment with a liberal arts tradition, and professional development activities which personally and academically enhance a professional academic career.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned/as outlined in the Faculty Manual.
- Core values – models leadership values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty and accountability in all work.
- Intellectual dynamism – demonstrates mental sharpness, capability and agility.
- Self-knowledge – gains insight from successes and mistakes.
- Personal learning – seeks feedback and counsel to improve managerial behavior.
- Peer relationships – encourages collaboration and cooperation across the organization.
- Teamwork – performs most effectively as a hard-working member of a team.
- Constituency focus – completes work to meet constituencies’ expectations and requirements.
- Community focus – brings a spirit of enthusiasm and energy to the campus and town.
Education and Professional Experience:
(A) MBA with a concentration in Finance.
(B) College-level teaching experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
(A) ABD or PhD in Finance.
(B) Two years college level teaching experience, including teaching at the graduate level.
(C) Ability to perform research with undergraduates.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to relate to a diverse cross-section of individuals.
- Must demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to student centered active learning and student engagement activities.
- Willingness to participate in campus responsibilities and activities during the day, evenings, and /or weekends at both on-campus and off-campus locations.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
- Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem- solving skills.
- A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Knowledge of operation and use of various office equipment including, but not limited to: personal computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software, integrated database software, fax machine, copier, telephone, scanner, and printers. A valid driver’s license may be required.
Heidelberg University is a student-focused community with a commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Individuals who value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion are preferred candidates for Heidelberg’s vacant positions. Additionally, we are seeking faculty and staff members who are interested in positively contributing to vital University initiatives in student recruitment, engagement, retention, success, persistence, graduation and placement.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*