This job has Expired
Director of Philanthropy
Director of Philanthropy
Full Job Description
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
Location: Boston, MA
We are seeking for a Director of Philanthropy, Major Gifts Officer, who is responsible for securing new revenue for the March of Dimes through individual and major gifts. The role is responsible for identifying and cultivating relationships within a specific territory. The position works collaboratively with national, regional, and market leadership to ensure that the March of Dimes mission and fundraising objectives are met.
Principle roles and responsibilities include revenue development through individual giving plans, volunteer leadership, and prospect identification. The position reports to the Senior Executive Director of Market Impact.
- Develop a donor-centric Individual Giving plan for the Market in conjunction with the VP of Major Gifts, Regional Executive Director, Senior Executive Director, Market staff, and local Board of Directors. Plan is to include volunteer leadership recruitment and management; prospect identification, research, and evaluation; the further development of a donor-centric culture; an aggressive timeline; and integration with other revenue streams to attract, retain, and upgrade general and special event donors to provide additive unrestricted, mission investment, and venture philanthropy dollars. Manage the execution of all elements of the plan and document as required in CRM system.
- In conjunction with Senior Executive Director and Market staff, recruit and manage high-profile volunteers who contribute a personally significant gift and cultivate and solicit others within their network for five-, six- and seven-figure gifts. Ensure committee members are appropriately supported and trained on mission opportunities, best practices, and successful donor solicitation. Manage and service volunteers through regular group and individual interaction, verbal and written meeting preparation, and general support.
- Personally identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donor prospects who have capacity for five-, six-, and seven figure gifts. Develop a tailored strategy for each prospect and coordinate steps to move them toward readiness to ask for a substantial gift. Coordinate the entire process with members of the Market, Region, and National team.
- Work with support from the Director, Planned Giving and Endowment Development to identify and engage potential current and deferred gifts of assets from March of Dimes' most passionate supporters.
- Train Market staff on how to articulate March of Dimes mission, programs, and research as well as donor development, the moves management cycle, major gifts best practices, and volunteer management.
- Plan and implement effective cultivation and recognition events in association with March of Dimes colleagues, mission partners, and volunteers to enhance the connection and involvement of prospects and donors with March of Dimes.
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, briefing materials, acknowledgements, and other items to promote personal major giving to the March of Dimes.
- Utilize CRM system to manage the relationship building process and support the business process of individual giving by tracking interactions with prospects and donors.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Organization – its values, history, culture, traditions, communities, programs, personalities, constituencies and governance structure; understand its base of financial support and the short and long-term funding requirements of all segments of the organization.
- Previous Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of directly related work experience, including substantial time in the realm of individual and major giving.
- Experience in Capital Campaigns highly desired and experience in Transformational Giving (7+ figures) is a plus.
- Familiarity with asset-based giving options a requirement.
- Progressively responsible, volunteer management, and project management experience required.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in personal cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and closing major gifts at the level of $50,000 and above.
- Experience recruiting and developing high net worth volunteer leaders. Ability to inspire the best in volunteers by being a trusted partner in the work of raising large gifts.
- Proficiency with CRM systems and all MS Office products.
- Ability to travel outside of the Market as needed for training opportunities and other March of Dimes business.
- Traits and characteristics:
- Positive attitude required.
- Self-starter who is results oriented.
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively and build effective working relationships with colleagues and volunteers.
- Superior oral, written, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate the need for and benefits of supporting the March of Dimes.
- Exceptional organization skills.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*